• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Zoku Owarimonogatari Novel Slated for September 19

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:
However, I too am confused about how Koyomimonigatari will be adapted.

Are they all stand-alone stories?

It's a character-based short story collection, just as NisiOisiN's previous monogatari novels. And from the first 5 stories (of fan-translations) I read, they're pretty much stand alone stories. However, some stories have the newly-introduced characters as their focus (meaning those other than Araragi's harem in Bakemonogatari + Nisemono), including Kagenui, Gaen, and especially Ougi.

So I think at least their parts might contribute to or at least hint at some point of third season main story. This brief blog review of the novel said that the short stories as a whole might show something, though. You wonder what's inside NisiOisiN's head.

SHAFT might leave out some parts of the third season novels as OVA or even movie to make it 2 cours. Or they should just make it 3 (split) cours.
Kreion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quote
PaleoGod wrote:
why is everyone so interested in kizumonogatari. I mean I have a pretty good idea about what happened based on the events in the last few seasons but Id much rather prefer a sequel rather than a prequel

Because kizumonogatari is one of the best books...it adds more depth to araragi and shinobu than most of the other books and is essentially the answer to why their bond is so important to the series. It's the start of everything really...
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
SHAFT might leave out some parts of the third season novels as OVA or even movie to make it 2 cours. Or they should just make it 3 (split) cours.

Thanks for that information Dian Z. The blog post was intriguing. Mainly as the mention that the stories could be treated as things on the side, but that there were some developments that could be important to the overall "Monogatari Series" story.

On Koyomimonogatari, what exactly is the issue with adapting it? Is it purely because you wonder how many episodes should be dedicated to it, or is there something else? If it is about how to connect it, they could go down a simple route and have Koyomi do a voice over part to say when a story is meant to have happened. I only think that's possible due to the description I've seen for the book:
Quote:
Contains 12 short stories that will chronicle twelves months in the life of Koyomi Araragi. It starts with the new semester after Koyomi's encounter with a beautiful vampire during spring break, and ends with university exams.

http://myanimelist.net/​manga/​44227/​Monogatari_Series:​_Final_Season/​moreinfo

On a movie, I'd be surprised if they ever planned to make another movie based on this franchise, purely due to whatever is going on with Kizu. I wouldn't want to see anything else fall into whatever hole that has found itself in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2