• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ore, Twin Tail ni Narimasu Anime's Promo Previews Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Reminds me of Kämpfer and Ranma 1/2. But the main looks not as bad as Natsuru. Probably because of the red hair, like Ranma.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Reminds me of Kämpfer and Ranma 1/2. But the main looks not as bad as Natsuru. Probably because of the red hair, like Ranma.

Yeah, I thought of those two when it was first announced. Hopefully it's pretty decent.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
As long as the subject matter doesn't get overly sexualized, which is what made Kampfer a disappointment to me. Just give me a high energy adventure with a genderbent protagonist, plain and simple.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
As long as the subject matter doesn't get overly sexualized, which is what made Kampfer a disappointment to me. Just give me a high energy adventure with a genderbent protagonist, plain and simple.

When certain aspects of a media are clearly the selling points of a series it simply is a moot point to call a series out on such a premise.

Kampfer had other problems, but calling out a series that was trying to be a kind of fetishist comedy when that was the intent is an invalid complaint, the viewer simply must be aware of what they are getting into and if they know ahead of time a series has an aim that will annoy them they should probably drop it while they are ahead.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
I kept an eye on Kampfer's premiere for months before it happened and nothing I saw told me it was going to be the way it turned out. Everything I heard enforced the idea that I was going to love it. Then I did not and it was a very big letdown by the end.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
Handlebars: The Anime Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1