• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisekoi Manga Gets 2nd TV Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marzan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
Get ready for filler, more filler and even more filler.
ss4chris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
spoiler[lets go yui. stir up some trouble.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:
yeah... SHAFT with their "green-lit" I'll just sit here and wait for Kizumonogatari........ How long has it been already? 4 years?

I know, right? So frustrating.

SHAFT are dragging their heels on Kizumonogatari to the point where it has been epically delayed, yet they continue to make silly television series like this. Nisekoi is a very typical and straightforward harem show, does it really need the head-tilt treatment?
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Animelover12313 wrote:
yeah... SHAFT with their "green-lit" I'll just sit here and wait for Kizumonogatari........ How long has it been already? 4 years?

SHAFT are dragging their heels on Kizumonogatari to the point where it has been epically delayed, yet they continue to make silly television series like this. Nisekoi is a very typical and straightforward harem show, does it really need the head-tilt treatment?

To be fair they have given us a big chunk of monogatari with the 2nd season + Nekomonogatari Black and Hanamonogatari which all up added to another 33 episodes, giving total episode count of 59 episodes. But yeah, SHAFT doing a straight harem seems a waste.
moonshine101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
Animelover12313 wrote:

To be fair they have given us a big chunk of monogatari with the 2nd season + Nekomonogatari Black and Hanamonogatari which all up added to another 33 episodes, giving total episode count of 59 episodes. But yeah, SHAFT doing a straight harem seems a waste.

And to be fair, both Nisekoi and the NiseO(or however you spell it) are both equally shit. Nisekoi has the most bland, pathetic characters with no story. NiseO series have "out-of-this-world" female characters who are just wank toys with a sub-par story to back it up.

In my opinion, both the series are horrible. Not to mention, why is SHAFT such a good studio? Their anime is just plain dumb. Yes people I can read, and I get the Japaneses references to their culture/history so dont even try.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
@#819578
It's a matter of opinion really and please do not call something as "shit" just because you don't particular like it. The thing that made MANY people to like the Monogatari Series (Not NisiOisiN) even though it has nothing, and I mean NOTHING beside dialogues for a full 23 minutes (give or take) was it full-filled its purpose as a character driven anime. The story was full of twists that turned made us sympathy and understand more of the characters than ANY other anime combined. And through the series, we were able to connect our feelings to them. The series also has this really amazing story telling unlike any generic anime out there.
To be fair, Nisekoi got its popular status because it was a funny little harem series that purposely hit all the harem cliches just for the heck of it. Is it the best series? Far from it, but it still enjoyable for many people.
And why do so many people complain about characters? I mean I can understand if you don't like certain types of characters but there are a lot of contradictions. So you didn't like Nisekoi characters they are bland and there is no story behind them. But you also hate Monogatari Series because the characters are "out-of-this-word" and has decent stories backing them up?
Ps. How familiar are you with SHAFT works? Their series like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Puella Magi Madoka Magica were quite popular. Then there's Mekakucity Actors, even with its badly adaption was still widely received.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
#819578 wrote:

In my opinion, both the series are horrible. Not to mention, why is SHAFT such a good studio?

I take it you're asking why they're regarded so highly? Because their shows have a good combination of composition and color which culminate in the process called animation?

Pretty and they're often good examples of story telling though visuals. Not always, yes, but when they get it right, they can create a real experience.

Even Nisekoi had that visual presence even if it didn't have much else... like comedy, characters, plot or romance, you know, the small stuff in romantic comedies.

Was I disappointed by the anime? No, I was disappointed by the premise's development. Hardly Shaft's fault and most of the fans cheering on the second season only for the chance addition of more characters doesn't help me feel optimistic about it.

"Oh, it starts getting good once [blank] is added, they're my favorite character, they make the story worthwhile" I already heard that in the first season and it wasn't true then.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
Since a lot of people were mentioning Haru I had to find out who she was. She sounds like a ton of fun. I hope she makes an appearance.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
This pleases me, greatly.
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
I watched the first season and I kind of liked it... until Marika was introduced. I really don't like her. I'll probably put this on my plan to watch list though.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
I'll admit I've stalled out a bit with the manga - Even when it's funny there's only so much I can take of one-off filler chapters - but I'm really excited to see Hana and Haru animated. I'm curious how they'll go about adapting the series, since the first season cut out a lot of the one-off chapters from the early volumes.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
Get ready for filler, more filler and even more filler.

Isn't that all Nisekoi is?

Quote:
Nisekoi is a very typical and straightforward harem show, does it really need the head-tilt treatment?

In my opinion, Shaft's animation was one of the only aspects that kept it from being just another ordinary romantic comedy.
LokiReed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Yesh.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Cool anther season
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
I'll admit I've stalled out a bit with the manga - Even when it's funny there's only so much I can take of one-off filler chapters - but I'm really excited to see Hana and Haru animated. I'm curious how they'll go about adapting the series, since the first season cut out a lot of the one-off chapters from the early volumes.

They seem to be doing some of the one-off chapters as OVAs so I'd imagine they'll keep doing that for now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5