• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide - SHIROBAKO

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobob101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I had so much fun with this episode! I do enjoy learning about the production or the creators behind my shows, so this is right up my alley. I think that while this isn't a show unique to PA works, their high standards for animation quality can't possibly hurt. I have no idea why there was a race between Aoi and Production G.I., but that was fun to watch never the less. This is now high on my list to watch this season.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
At least it is not another stupid mecha or school club or harem or reverse harem or card game adaptation. If this show is going to be good, it may join ranks of unique anime about Go game, cooking and manga.
srlracing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
I had so much fun with this episode! I do enjoy learning about the production or the creators behind my shows, so this is right up my alley. I think that while this isn't a show unique to PA works, their high standards for animation quality can't possibly hurt. I have no idea why there was a race between Aoi and Production G.I., but that was fun to watch never the less. This is now high on my list to watch this season.

I imagine the race was to get to the mutually contracted key animator's apartment first in order to get their business done first and get back in as little time as possible.

The race was awe inspiring Initial D like racing action in cheap utilitarian company Kei cars. I was laughing during the entire sequence.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
I have no idea why there was a race between Aoi and Production G.I.,.

I'm sorry, it's G.I. Staff. Totally unrelated to any existing company, of course!

Loved that first episode, turns out that an "anime about making anime" can be a lot more interesting than I expected. It seems like there's a LOT of characters to keep track of, but since it's rather clear who the main characters are it might not matter all that much. Anyway, Thursdays will be fun this season, and I'm already looking forward to next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1