• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nana Mizuki Scores 20th Top-10 Single

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
A well-deserved congratulation to Nana Mizuki!

I might try to get to one of the acoustic live shows in January (although I wish I'd been able to attend one of the orchestral live shows)...
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Congrats. Keep on making great songs.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
My favorite seiyu... Congrats, Mizuki-san!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Still don't get why people like her voice so much. She has a "try hard" sound on a lot of her notes. Bothers me. Love her as an actress and on songs like Innocent Starter but most of the rest she doesn't sound natural. It's like she's forcing herself and it sounds bad to me.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I will not lie, I purchased a copy of the CD on release day.

Also, the reason why I like Mizuki is because she has such passion in her voice, and she doesn't sound dead like VAs like Mikako Komatsu and Kana Hanazawa. Personal opinion, but along with a clear voice, she has a lot of singing skill, including vibrato, which she got from childhood enka lessons.
My8th

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Should it be Mizuki is the first and not was? Also congrats on her accomplishment, my friend likes her. He always watches that live performance of her performing with Takanori Nishikawa, Rock Fes 2013.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to lie, this opening was one of the few positives of Cross Ange

The song is fast paced with a nice beat to it. Nana Mizuki still sounds at the top of her game. It's a nice catchy song that I have no issue with saying is one of the better openings of the year

Shame the show it's attached to is much more divisive in opinion for lack of a better term
mierin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched Cross Ange, but I've listened to the song at her official Youtube channel when it was first uploaded. I like the sound of the wind instrument that they used for this song (somebody tell me what instrument that is, please!). A lot of her songs pretty much has this kind of tempo nowadays.

Though I do wish she could take it easy with her schedules (wishful thinking). Didn't she just had an inflamed vocal chord a few months ago?
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
Well congrats to her for this achievement. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
mierin wrote:
I like the sound of the wind instrument that they used for this song (somebody tell me what instrument that is, please!).

The official CD booklet calls the instruments "tin &low whistle."
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Mizuki was the first voice actress or voice actor with a #1 album on Oricon's weekly chart.

That surprises me.
I am not surprised that she has a #1 album. I am surprised that she is the first voice actress to do it.

By coincidence, just yesterday I was listening to the 25 Nana Mizuki songs that I have on my MP3 player. That includes 10 from various Nanoha anime and 7 from Rosario + Vampire.
I love 'em all. The songs and the shows, and Nana.Smile

I would really like to get the Blu-ray with her live performance, but importing is just not economically feasible right now. Maybe someday. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

I would really like to get the Blu-ray with her live performance, but importing is just not economically feasible right now. Maybe someday. Sad

I recommend the Live Grace II x Live Union blu-ray as you get both an orchestral concert and the final concert of the 2012 Live Union tour with her regular backing musicians and dancers.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
@omiya
Thank you for the information.
I will look around and check some prices for that.
So far the only performance videos that I have are Yoko Ishida and Kotoko. Nana Mizuki would make a nice addition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1