• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nintendo to Resupply Fire Emblem's Marth Amiibo in N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
They need to fix this issue before releasing Wave 3 and store-exclusives. I may be able to get Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight, but Rosalina may be a problem. And she's the one I want more than what's out right now.

I never even saw Wave 2 amiibo besides Diddy Kong and Luigi on shelves. The only reason I got Captain Falcon and Pit last night is because Toys R Us messed up online orders (twice) and I ended up getting them for free.

Ugh, it better not be a pain to get multiple Lucina...
Apterous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
They didn't promise to produce more of the same figures though. They have been toying with the idea of releasing old figures as NFC chips in cards. Or Marth may come in a new Fire-Emblem specific series of Amiibos. We'll see where this goes.
streexanime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
They need to fix this issue before releasing Wave 3 and store-exclusives. I may be able to get Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight, but Rosalina may be a problem. And she's the one I want more than what's out right now.

I never even saw Wave 2 amiibo besides Diddy Kong and Luigi on shelves. The only reason I got Captain Falcon and Pit last night is because Toys R Us messed up online orders (twice) and I ended up getting them for free.

Ugh, it better not be a pain to get multiple Lucina...

I heard the shortage was caused by some butt-hurt fan regarding Nintendo making characters he didn't like
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
When I saw the trailer to Codename S.T.E.A.M. I assumed this would happen. Thankfully. I don't have SSB for Wii U. Only 3ds, and they haven't even released what ever this thing is.

I also have a strong feeling Fire Emblem IF will be amiibo compatible.
jlaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Now Nintendo needs to resupply the Little Mac amiibo.
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
When I saw the trailer to Codename S.T.E.A.M. I assumed this would happen. Thankfully. I don't have SSB for Wii U. Only 3ds, and they haven't even released what ever this thing is.

I also have a strong feeling Fire Emblem IF will be amiibo compatible.

I doubt they're going to release that little NFC reader for the 3DS. I think they're just going to leave it so only the New 3DS will be compatible with amiibos, and if anyone wants to use them in 3DS games they'll have to upgrade.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd be interested in knowing whether or not STEAM can be played with ONLY Fire Emblem characters.

So far as Amiibo supply, Nintendo should seriously be giving Club Nintendo Platinum members a shot at buying 1 Amiibo per account a week ahead of everyone else to help keep scalpers from shutting out anyone else that wants one.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:50 pm Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:

I doubt they're going to release that little NFC reader for the 3DS. I think they're just going to leave it so only the New 3DS will be compatible with amiibos, and if anyone wants to use them in 3DS games they'll have to upgrade.

It's been announced that it will come out in Japan. No announcement for anywhere else yet though. If shelf space is a problem for Nintendo, they should sell from their online store, Pokemon Center for Pokemon amiibo, and Nintendo World. These places should always be stocked. If enough product is the problem, then I'd like to know why, when they seem to be plentiful in Japan and Europe.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
As long as Nintendo can restock amiibo like Activision with Skylanders figures or Disney Interactive with Infinity figures, we'll be safe from spite-buyers or scalpers. Nintendo is a slow company to respond to unexpected events though, whether good or bad, but the fact that Marth is getting restocked indicates they have listened.

LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
So far as Amiibo supply, Nintendo should seriously be giving Club Nintendo Platinum members a shot at buying 1 Amiibo per account a week ahead of everyone else to help keep scalpers from shutting out anyone else that wants one.

Heh, that'd be interesting. It would definitely require quite the investment in Nintendo, or an investment in general, to reach Platinum status. I've only ever done so twice, as I don't actively seek out Nintendo's games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1