• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Attack on Titan Fights Drug Abuse in Tokyo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xythr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
Standard tone-deaf attempt to bandwagon propaganda for the entrenched drug war industry on top of something "popular with those damn kids."

Not that I blame anyone for not passing up some sweet government dosh in exchange for a little credibility and respect.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I've got to admit. It's kind of unlikely for "Attack on Titan" to help fight drug abuse in Tokyo.

It could. There are a ton of Americans that still buy into the drug war propaganda. You've probably come across them.

People that drink alcohol, have vomited from it because their body was literally like enough is enough!, are aware of intense impact on motor skills, and brain function... but they still feel like cannabis is the real danger product.

Or people who will buy some prescription drug where they run TV commercials that say (I shit you not, this is a real side effect of something they advertise during prime time national tv) If you begin having suicidal thoughts, please stop taking this as that is a known side effect. People are fine taking that and with it being sold but then turn around and say that side effects like giggling and hunger are just too dangerous and that's why cannabis is bad.

This Titan thing could actually be very effective. The brains of children are very impressionable and once you throw some nonsense in there, it can stick and no amount of science, fact, or reality can change it.
thaiguru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Snomaster1 wrote:
I've got to admit. It's kind of unlikely for "Attack on Titan" to help fight drug abuse in Tokyo.

It could. There are a ton of Americans that still buy into the drug war propaganda. You've probably come across them.

People that drink alcohol, have vomited from it because their body was literally like enough is enough!, are aware of intense impact on motor skills, and brain function... but they still feel like cannabis is the real danger product.

Or people who will buy some prescription drug where they run TV commercials that say (I shit you not, this is a real side effect of something they advertise during prime time national tv) If you begin having suicidal thoughts, please stop taking this as that is a known side effect. People are fine taking that and with it being sold but then turn around and say that side effects like giggling and hunger are just too dangerous and that's why cannabis is bad.

This Titan thing could actually be very effective. The brains of children are very impressionable and once you throw some nonsense in there, it can stick and no amount of science, fact, or reality can change it.

True, but all this doesn't change the fact that 1 in 10 people who smoke weed for the first time develop addiction to it. It doesn't matter if the only side effects are giggling and hunger. It's an addiction nevertheless. Giggling and hunger are the only proven addictions when cannabis is taken in the way it is supposed to be taken- through an inhaler. Smoking weed can kill you from lung cancer.

I might be biased here because I had cannabis addiction. Started taking it to keep my alcohol addiction at bay, and it finally turned into an addiction in itself. And the worst thing was that I never realized it was an addiction until late. I was in Canada at the time, and finally just walked into an addiction treatment center I found on Canada Rehab Reviews. Been sober for 7 and half months now. Cannabis is good for you only if you take it in the way that is medically proven to help you- through an inhaler or as cannabis oil.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2