Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideo Kojima Meets Mad Max Creator George Miller


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gpanthony



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 144
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
He has been witnessed and now George Miller will carry him to the gates of Valhalla where he will shiny and chrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Via_01



Joined: 24 Aug 2014
Posts: 551
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Mad Max videogame directed by Hideo Kojima.

Now THAT would be something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising considering Kojima's body is 70% movies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
So... A George Miller face cameo in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain confirmed? It would be sweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 941
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
What I'd really like to know is what Buronson and Tetsuo Hara thought of Fury Road. Maybe it could inspire them to do a Hokuto no Ken spin-off with a female protagonist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azmodeus



Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 184
Location: Sweden, ass end of nowhere
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
The mutual respect and the admiration betwen Miller and Kojima really warms my pop-culture loving heart. Also, thirding the notion that a Kojima created Mad Max game would be sweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mature-Kun



Joined: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Make a game together and then ultimately cancel it.

Kojima x Miller E3 2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Great Rumbler



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 294
Location: Oklahoma
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
What I'd really like to know is what Buronson and Tetsuo Hara thought of Fury Road. Maybe it could inspire them to do a Hokuto no Ken spin-off with a female protagonist.


This website apparently has quotes from those two and other Japanese artists/directors:

http://natalie.mu/eiga/news/147639

But it's all in Japanese, so you'll have to make do with a really rough machine translation unless you know Japanese.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 941
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Great Rumbler wrote:
This website apparently has quotes from those two and other Japanese artists/directors:

http://natalie.mu/eiga/news/147639

But it's all in Japanese, so you'll have to make do with a really rough machine translation unless you know Japanese.


Thank you so much for the link. Hara in particular seems to have liked the movie a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrTerrorist



Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 1137
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:
He has been witnessed and now George Miller will carry him to the gates of Valhalla where he will shiny and chrome.


What a lovely day!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyuseishun



Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Metal gear solid movie directed by George Miller

honestly, i have a boner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andrew Cunningham



Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 290
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Great Rumbler wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
What I'd really like to know is what Buronson and Tetsuo Hara thought of Fury Road. Maybe it could inspire them to do a Hokuto no Ken spin-off with a female protagonist.


This website apparently has quotes from those two and other Japanese artists/directors:

http://natalie.mu/eiga/news/147639

But it's all in Japanese, so you'll have to make do with a really rough machine translation unless you know Japanese.


It also has comments from Kojima again, from the action director on the live action Rurouni Kenshin movies (and a bunch of HK films), the director of the Shin Kansen theater troupe, and the director of the Attack on Titan live action movie.
Most of them are just gushing, but Buronson goes meditative about how true heroes are born from despair and desolation and young people will learn what it truly is to live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikaioh



Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 1203
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Hideo Kojima always comes across so cool and serious, it's funny to see him look giddy and excited like a diehard fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13707
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:

Hideo Kojima always comes across so cool and serious, it's funny to see him look giddy and excited like a diehard fan.


Like the rest of us Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 1268
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Looking at those two together I see boundless energy, endless excitement and a whole lot of trouble. ( Why do I get a picture of their Moms yelling at them in the same tone of voice? )

It would be fun no matter what they did together.

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group