• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SHAFT's Prism Nana Anime Project Will Be an OVA Slated for This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEY!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Hey, remember Kizumonogatari? The one that was supposed to come out in 2012.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
^

I doubt we'll get any news on that this year and even if we do, the actual release won't be much later.

Regarding this OVA, I'm actually looking forward to it. Hopefully it will come out for Fall rather than Winter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see it, the OVA seems to have some promise but I can't see if it turns out good unless it's released.
GaryNhk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
HEY! wrote:
Hey, remember Kizumonogatari? The one that was supposed to come out in 2012.

The novel is coming to here in english Nov its a step in the right way
Selipse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Kizumonogatari, I've been thinking for a long time that they would leave it for last. The final season is airing in Fall, so I'm pretty sure we'll get a new teaser and date in the last episode.
It makes sense, having the story of spoiler[how Arararararararagi first became a vampire] being a movie after the whole series ends. Although I don't know anything about the final season and whether or not knowledge of the events in Kizumonogatari is needed (don't tell me, though, I don't want any kind of spoilers). I read the novel anyways, so it's alright for me.

Now, Prism Nana I was sure it would never come out. It's still a bit disappointing that it's just an OVA, but at least we got something, right?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
It's been a long time coming. I remember seeing ads for this in Nutbladder's releases of Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb.

Now the wait for Hidamari Season 5. I've already accepted the fact that Kizu's never coming.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this for a long time. I love Magical Girl shows and Kantoku is my favorite artist. So I'm definitely pumped. Plus with it being an OVA, the animation should be pretty high quality which makes it all the better!
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
I've been waiting for this for a long time. I love Magical Girl shows and Kantoku is my favorite artist. So I'm definitely pumped. Plus with it being an OVA, the animation should be pretty high quality which makes it all the better!

Ditto. Putting Kantoku in charge of the character designs is enough to get me to watch pretty much anything, but adding the fact that Shaft is helming the animation just makes me all the more excited!! Very Happy
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I'd completely forgotten about this.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Finally, a Prism Nana anime! Hey, don't you think this means an official release date for Kizumonogatari will be announced soon?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Three is quite a long time between an announcement and a debut, but now that Prism Nana is finally going to be debuted sometime within 2015 (the present), better late than never; plus, the wait won't be that much longer. Smile
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:

All of this leaves me curious. What will this title be about? I love the artwork thus far.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
Finally, a Prism Nana anime! Hey, don't you think this means an official release date for Kizumonogatari will be announced soon?

Unless this becomes like when Guns n Roses anounced their album Chinese Democracy... Meaning: a 10 year wait. Wink
lucio542

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
I waited almost two years for this, shame it's my ass ..... but I will see the same.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
Whaaaaaa…it still exists, much less is still a thing! I was beginning to think that SHAFT was quietly sweeping it under the rug…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1