Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Scott Freeman Convicted of Possession of Child Pornography


Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
machetecat



Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 396
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
WHAT THE EVERLOVING fudge? OH MY GOD AND ALL THIS TIME TWEEN AND TEENAGE FANGIRLS HAVE BEEN GOING TO CONVENTIONS TO SEE HIM AND FANGIRL OVER HETALIA HOLY SHIT I'M GOING TO BE SICK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1633
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Issei and Usui?

Sometimes, life just has a twisted sense of humor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snackster1001



Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Going for 3d lolis, not cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
SMH Should have stuck with 2D. That way you would have an excuse since you were involved with those works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snakebit1995



Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Couple of things

This is unfortunate, and i hope in the Future Scott is able to reform himself and get the help he needs. Second, good on Funi for issuing a statement, they ididn't ahve to but it's just nice to see them acknowledge the situation in some way.

Finally I read comments about this incident on another site and i thought they seemed worthy of repeating.

While as a human I disagree with what Mr. Freeman has done, as an actor I will still love his past works it unfortunate such a great voice has now had to be forced out. I'll still appreciate his past roles, with some slight apprehension, but I still think he was a great actor, which maybe makes this development sting more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KidOblivion



Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Posts: 179
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Would love to see the faces of the people that were ready to burn down FUNis offices because they couldn't get him for the broadcast dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 606
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Lol so this is why they changed Issei VA....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arale Kurashiki



Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 657
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed, but not surprised.

I've never watched a show with him in it, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snakebit1995



Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
KidOblivion wrote:
Would love to see the faces of the people that were ready to burn down FUNis offices because they couldn't get him for the broadcast dub.


To be fair, at the time no one knew the reason and Funi hadn't issued a statement just that the actor changed.

A good handful weren't upset about the change, it was the lack of a reason why.

So yes looking back it seems embarrassing for those people who got upset, but they also didn't know this was the reason why. I'm sure if fans knew at the time they wounld't have gotten upset.

Hindsight is 20/20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 606
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
KidOblivion wrote:
Would love to see the faces of the people that were ready to burn down FUNis offices because they couldn't get him for the broadcast dub.


To be fair, at the time no one knew the reason and Funi hadn't issued a statement just that the actor changed.

A good handful weren't upset about the change, it was the lack of a reason why.

So yes looking back it seems embarrassing for those people who got upset, but they also didn't know this was the reason why. I'm sure if fans knew at the time they wounld't have gotten upset.

Hindsight is 20/20


True but we can expect Funimation giving the exact reason why. Before you know it they sue Funimation lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GEO9875



Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
fuk.... i read it as Crispin Freeman at first..... still horrible...damn....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13127
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually find out about this from comments on his Behind the Voice Actor entry. The comments include tweets from Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial saying that he wasn't getting any work right now.

For those wanting the link, here it is.

I don't know how he got any Funi roles from after his charge date to now, beyond the fact that being charged with an offense doesn't always mean you did said offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4409
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't put his name to a character, looked up his works and turns out he mostly does side characters. So not a loss in anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Snakebit1995



Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:


I don't know how he got any Funi roles from after his charge date to now, beyond the fact that being charged with an offense doesn't always mean you did said offense.


Likely that's from stuff that was recorded months ago before Funi knew about/ the charges were filed.

If it was around the time it's also possible Funi was waiting to see if it was serious or just a fake lawsuit. They might not have wanted to sever the relationship if they didn't have most of the facts yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanHardy



Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 2476
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I couldn't put his name to a character, looked up his works and turns out he mostly does side characters. So not a loss in anyway.


Unless of course you're a High School DxD or Hetalia fan, in which case it *is* kind of a big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 17

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group