• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Xillia's Jude & Milla Inspire Women's Shoes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know anything about this game, but those black shoes are soooo gorgeous!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
The shoes' color designs look beautifully epic! Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I already shipped it. Now I can shoe it.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
I don't know anything about this game, but those black shoes are soooo gorgeous!

My thoughts exactly.
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I want the Jude shoes and pretend they are Miku oriented instead, because look at the color, it's very Miku!
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
I wonder how did Doctor Jude Mathis inspire shoes for women?
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 am Reply with quote
Their is not enough love for Tales of Xillia! I wish the Tales series was more popular here in the states. I want pairs of both of these shoes. Especially the pair with Jude's design!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
While the prices are outrageous, a local shoe shop here sells male size 13 shoes that can be $80-$100.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
I love the Jude inspired shoes, but what the heck would you wear them with... except a Miku cosplay, I suppose. Laughing

the Milla shoes seem a little more practical (except for that heel...) but rather un-Milla-ish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:50 pm Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Their is not enough love for Tales of Xillia! I wish the Tales series was more popular here in the states. I want pairs of both of these shoes. Especially the pair with Jude's design!

last I checked Xillia was pretty popular by JRPG standards, of-course it wasn't going to outshine Symphonia by any means (it's Final Fantasy 7 of the Tales series) but on it's own merits it did well enough to get a sequel
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
last I checked Xillia was pretty popular by JRPG standards, of-course it wasn't going to outshine Symphonia by any means (it's Final Fantasy 7 of the Tales series) but on it's own merits it did well enough to get a sequel

I agree that Tales of Xillia is still a very solid entry in the Tales series, but all I seem to see lately are people harping on about how bad it was because of repeat environments, the Link system being entirely in Jude and Milla's favor, Jude not shutting up about how great Milla was and so on. Its sequel is even more crapped on. I just don't understand what the Tales fandom wants anymore.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
theNightster wrote:

I agree that Tales of Xillia is still a very solid entry in the Tales series, but all I seem to see lately are people harping on about how bad it was because of repeat environments, the Link system being entirely in Jude and Milla's favor, Jude not shutting up about how great Milla was and so on. Its sequel is even more crapped on. I just don't understand what the Tales fandom wants anymore.

Jude's fanboying made me like Millia a whole lot more as a character, I can understand some hate on the sequel though, it's not a bad entry but the whole debt thing was a tad bid annoying, considering that you can't advance in the game without paying a certain amount of cash
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Jude's fanboying made me like Millia a whole lot more as a character, I can understand some hate on the sequel though, it's not a bad entry but the whole debt thing was a tad bid annoying, considering that you can't advance in the game without paying a certain amount of cash

I'd have liked Jude a lot more if he played the "serious doctor/medical student" type the entire time and joined Milla only because he couldn't remain as a student in Fenmont due to getting involved with her. None of that "everything Milla says is right!" crap he pulled out when the party needed to make a choice. The Milla fanboying was far worse in the Japanese version, so I'm glad the English version's script toned it down because it would have been downright insufferable.

As for the sequel, yeah, the constant cellphone calls to pay your debt back in intervals was a bit of a drag and a block at times, but Xillia 2 had plenty of good merits thankfully, such as the new artes for the returning cast members and the battles being even more fun than with its predecessor (though that stacked weakness system was pretty unnecessary if you ask me). At least Jude got better and less Milla-crazy.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
theNightster wrote:

I'd have liked Jude a lot more if he played the "serious doctor/medical student" type the entire time and joined Milla only because he couldn't remain as a student in Fenmont due to getting involved with her. None of that "everything Milla says is right!" crap he pulled out when the party needed to make a choice. The Milla fanboying was far worse in the Japanese version, so I'm glad the English version's script toned it down because it would have been downright insufferable.

As for the sequel, yeah, the constant cellphone calls to pay your debt back in intervals was a bit of a drag and a block at times, but Xillia 2 had plenty of good merits thankfully, such as the new artes for the returning cast members and the battles being even more fun than its predecessor (though that stacked weakness system was pretty unnecessary if you ask me). At least Jude got better and less Milla-crazy.

yeah I still enjoyed it, and I liked Jude better in 2 considering he went from Millia's little fanboy to Ludger's bro at the drop of a hat
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1