• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
10 Moments of Spectacular Animation from 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoldicc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:22 am Reply with quote
That Shirobako post only further proves that XXXXX* don't know what subtle means. Same with KyoAni posts, there were much better animated scenes this year but if you're going to wank on tacky post production then it makes sense they didn't get in.

*{Sorry, but I'm not allowing that term to be used. ~nobahn}
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
The show that recently surprised me with moment of quality animation (while overall being highly variable) was Aria AA. A lot of the things that jumped out were largely static (SHAFT-style) closeups, but there was that canal scene from the first episode for example.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
2015 was seriously a good year for animation. So many lovely things were made. I highly agree with Eupho being on the list though. KyoAni did excellent work as always. OPM is simply fantastic as well. I'm behind a couple episodes because of school, but I'm really eager to watch what I've missed because of studying.

I guess notable bits of animation for me would mostly be Haikyuu!! S2. Particularly the fight scene between Kageyama and Hinata. I also really enjoyed some of the volleyball scenes, particularly when Kageyama and Hinata finally land their quick and their eyes meet. That was adorable and beautiful to me. I also really enjoyed quite a few stylistic shots from Monster Musume. I like some of the scenes in the Gochiusa OP too. Especially this one that displays their movements rather nicely.

While it's not animation, I always like to pay attention to the colors and atmosphere they apply to the scenes that make you feel the series. Stuff like in the latest Monogatari installment with Ougi where the scenes you can quite literally just feel how overbearing they are from the atmosphere of the work. I always like noticing how the colors, and the feeling, and the animation all come together in one.
SerenaHavoc1013

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Didn't see anyone else mention it, but I loved the Direct Drive Zone/True Zone play in Kuroko no Basuke S3. Production I.G. did an fantastic job with much of the Seirin vs Rakuzan game.

Also, I loved the Shiro vs. Gilgamesh fight in UBW.
Chocostars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:00 am Reply with quote
Onepunch man hands down. best everything this year and here I thought the animation can't beat the manga's awesome art but wow animation done a good job here.
WingedAsarath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Gintama has had some excellent animation this season, particularly Okita's fight recently. OPM has been outstanding, and I'm not surprised it made the list at all.

Haikyuu!! has also had excellent animation so far, particularly in the OP (I love the ball tracking part), which is what really makes it stand out for me. A sports anime without that sort of fluidity in its animation would struggle to bring across the same feel and tension, in my opinion.
zellkaiser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz was definitely up there for me, the animation was a solid 9/10 and consistent throughout the whole series. The 3DCG effect was nicely executed and those effects are flowing smoothly frame by frame compared to dozens of anime out there, especially compared to the broken animation of 3D mechas that we so often see in today's anime.

Animation aside though, the color throughout the series was as vibrant as it get, that you can see it's no contest just by looking at the opening. From the different shades of pink in Illya's wings to her quintet fire, from Luvia's shining jewelries to the brief light that each of Gilgamesh's noble phantasm reflected when it strikes past Bazette's agile maneuver.

Even the sea looks beautiful, the ground at night in which Caren sensei walk on looks awfully detailed, the cloud in the sky, everything looks polished, especially at 60fps, and in 1080p.

This scene comes to mind, although even if it says 1080p and 60fps, it still wouldn't do justice because it's youtube quality lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5