×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiznaiver Anime's Debut Dates Revealed for Japanese TV, Crunchyroll




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AnimeLordLuis



Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 1626
Location: The Borderlands of Pandora
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 am Reply with quote
I just know that Kiznaiver is going to get the same treatment from Aniplex USA that Kill la Kill got so expect a great English Dub at an outrageous price and maybe even a Toonami run if Kiznaiver is even remotely on par with Kill la Kill. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1293
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I just know that Kiznaiver is going to get the same treatment from Aniplex USA that Kill la Kill got so expect a great English Dub at an outrageous price and maybe even a Toonami run if Kiznaiver is even remotely on par with Kill la Kill. Wink


Actually this is looking more and more to be a case where CR picked up full rights for a show, so AoA may not even touch it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doubleO7



Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 1070
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Actually this is looking more and more to be a case where CR picked up full rights for a show, so AoA may not even touch it.


With how much they're plugging the exclusivity thing, that very well could be the case, but at this point I don't think we can say definitively either way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4125
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I just know that Kiznaiver is going to get the same treatment from Aniplex USA that Kill la Kill got so expect a great English Dub at an outrageous price and maybe even a Toonami run if Kiznaiver is even remotely on par with Kill la Kill. Wink


Actually this is looking more and more to be a case where CR picked up full rights for a show, so AoA may not even touch it.


I highly doubt that. I really don't see Aniplex handing out exclusive streaming and home video rights to CR when they have AoA ready and waiting with bated breath. With the way Aniplex has been handling their licenses lately, I really don't see them giving up that level of control. I'm 99% sure this is going to land with AoA for a home video release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 5450
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
There seems to be a lot of several premiers of new anime franchises for Spring. I have no idea what to expect, but I am kind of excited for Kiznaiver.

relyat08 wrote:
Divineking wrote:
Actually this is looking more and more to be a case where CR picked up full rights for a show, so AoA may not even touch it.


I highly doubt that. I really don't see Aniplex handing out exclusive streaming and home video rights to CR when they have AoA ready and waiting with bated breath. With the way Aniplex has been handling their licenses lately, I really don't see them giving up that level of control. I'm 99% sure this is going to land with AoA for a home video release.

I am with relyat08. I highly doubt AoA would pass on the distribution rights for a title done by the people behind Kill la Kill.

doubleO7 wrote:
With how much they're plugging the exclusivity thing, that very well could be the case, but at this point I don't think we can say definitively either way.

Crunchyroll is most likely making a big deal because ever since Funimation has started to pick up more tiles, CR has been getting less and less AAA titles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group