• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 Death Note Film Brings Back Erika Toda as Misa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zemnort

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Perfect! She did an excellent job in the previous films! Very Happy
xotaku4lifex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to wrap my head around this and it's not making any sense to me. It's good that she's coming back to play Misa but the two new successors have Light and L's DNA right? So that would make Misa older (and possibly a mother? Shocked). BUT, if she's not then how does it work out? Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Anime dazed
Fenrin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Lol there's no use trying to make sense of it, the only way they could have Light and L's DNA is if they were their children (they don't appear to be clones) and if this is a continuation from the last movies that would be impossible, for obvious reasons. My guess is that they'll try to pull it off as some futuristic pseudoscience bs.

I'm actually glad to see her back as Misa so she can bring a sense of continuity to the movies, it's piqued my interest now.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I took the DNA thing to be metaphorical. As in they are inheritors of their legacy, not literal descendants. Also, I thought Misa spoiler[killed herself]; or was that just in the manga.
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
or was that just in the manga.

I believe it was just in the anime. Certainly not in the movies (and I think not in the manga either).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1