• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail TV Anime Has New Project in the Works

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:31 am Reply with quote
Wow, it really is going to end? I'm not sure how I feel about this considering the show just got started on a new arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:42 am Reply with quote
When I heard the 2014 anime series was ending next week I was genuinely upset but its clear they're just going on break and having other projects planned for it. It was agonizing waiting a year between the first anime and the 2014 series, so hopefully its not that long this time.

I'm just wondering if this means they're adapting some of the spin off series or they're actually announcing future plans for the main series to return.
ssj1236

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NO MORE SHITTY MUDDY ANIME SO HYPED FOR THE NEW ANIME TEAM Anime hyper
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's just the announcement that the anime will continue with the spoiler[Avatar (or Guild Restoration) arc]. Just like they announced a while back that the anime will continue with the Tartaros Arc.

I don't think that taking a break is necessary at the moment, because the show isn't really that close to the manga. It could also be another original filler arc...

EDIT: So I checked and the anime is around 60 chapters behind. Well....closer than I thought.

Last edited by Drunk on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ssj1236

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Maybe it's just the announcement that the anime will continue with the spoiler[Avatar (or Guild Restoration) arc]. Just like they announced a while back that the anime will continue with the Tartaros Arc.

I don't think that taking a break is necessary at the moment, because the show isn't really that close to the manga. It could also be another original filler arc...

The show doesn't need a break but it definitely needs a team of animators that know what they're doing -_-
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote
interesting how this is written, almost sounds like a new studio got the rights and are rebooting it. I really doubt that's the case but.... interesting wording I must say
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:12 am Reply with quote
I was waiting for an announcement any day now. So do we have to follow a trail of ice to find out what the next project is? I think it'd be wise to take a year off. Stop killing yourself trying to think of filler. You can't outdo Pierrot. lol
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I was waiting for an announcement any day now. So do we have to follow a trail of ice to find out what the next project is? I think it'd be wise to take a year off. Stop killing yourself trying to think of filler. You can't outdo Pierrot. lol

There's also Fairy Girls, Road Knight, Blue Mistral and Twin Dragons. Looks bad...
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:37 am Reply with quote
With the manga in final arc mode I guess theyll announce fairy tail the final arc anime green lighted.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote
I really hope it wont take a long freaking year for the anime to return this time.
Also i really hope that the Fairy Tail anime will either get the old animation studio back or get a way better animation studio than the one that does the new episodes.
The new episodes are good too but i hate the new pale colors.

I love it when these animes are very bright and colorful and it feels to me like the new Fairy Tail episodes dont have the charm and personality of the old ones.
The art and animation was also way better on the old episodes and it felt like it had way more quality to it and i miss the chibis and the cute and funny faces the characters used to make all the time during the funny comedy moments.

I love Fairy Tail and its my second favorite anime and manga ever so it was really annoying when the first hiatus happened for the anime.
I want Fairy Tail to have an ongoing anime so i really hope it wont last as long this time as the first time and again i hope they will get back the old animation studio or get a new better studio when the anime returns.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:02 am Reply with quote
i'm guessing they are taking a break until the Manga is done as it is nearing it's end

so i think the "New Project" will be the final arc and maybe a few movies
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
Well on the bright side at least it'll give Funimation some time to get caught up with the broadcast dub.

I just hope the wait for the new series isn't going to be too long.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
I simply dont see this ending at this point we had today a new episode after FT Zero ended and there is more then enough material to keep giving out episodes for another few months for sure. I hope they either announce a new arc or even a filler arc or perhaps also some more info about the FT Movie which was confirmed quite some time ago
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
I like Fairy Tail a lot (okay, I rated it negatively a few years back because it was in its dark age of the final phases of the Magic Games. Leave me alone) but does anyone actually care about movies for Shounen anime anymore? They seem like massive wastes of time to me.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
i'm guessing they are taking a break until the Manga is done as it is nearing it's end

so i think the "New Project" will be the final arc and maybe a few movies

Well there's already a movie in the works right now, and if they end on next weeks episode it'll be a huge cliff hanger and FT is big enough to get it's biggest major arc animated.

louis6578 wrote:
does anyone actually care about movies for Shounen anime anymore? They seem like massive wastes of time to me.

I do, I like the last two One Piece Movies and the Fairy Tail movies, there chances to see characters in a different element or circumstance, along with what is usually great fights, animation and story.

Film Z is one of the best parts of OP and it's a movie and only partially canon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4