• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise's Classicaloid Musical Action-Comedy Gets 1st Promo Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This looks potentially awesome.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Okay, anyone who listened to the anime-pop version of Beethoven's 6th and immediately started hearing Dragon Half's version of Beethoven's 7th? Very Happy

Seriously, does sound within the realm of awesome--Although how many remember the craze for Hooked on Classics, with that 80's beat?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=159sMOkEq5o
pandoraking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm sold!oh, and would be nice if suemitsu performed the theme songs
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
This is looking like it will be a must watch come the fall. The concept is so ludicrously awesome that on its own it would be great watching just due to that. However, the fact that it's another new series from Sunrise has me just as excited.

While I'm a huge Gundam fan, seeing the studio delve into other genres than mecha has always been fun and I'm hoping that this will be a success for them.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
This hurting a lot they really didn't fully revived Gundam and IBO is looking very good and if Sunrise Gives up on IBO after trying to push it so hard for something like This ? I would be very upset since the story in that anime is not even close to finished.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
This hurting a lot they really didn't fully revived Gundam and IBO is looking very good and if Sunrise Gives up on IBO after trying to push it so hard for something like This ? I would be very upset since the story in that anime is not even close to finished.

If they follow the same format as they did with Gundam 00 and Code Geass, I don't think you'll need to worry too much about not getting a continuation/conclusion to IBO.

Until they confirm one way or another that there won't be a continuation, I think it's safe to hold onto hope that there will be one and that this won't be the IBO killer.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
dark13 wrote:

If they follow the same format as they did with Gundam 00 and Code Geass, I don't think you'll need to worry too much about not getting a continuation/conclusion to IBO.

Until they confirm one way or another that there won't be a continuation, I think it's safe to hold onto hope that there will be one and that this won't be the IBO killer.
Yeah your right Smile I might have jumped the Gun a little and sunrise has aired a lot of shows at the same time Thanks Smile I might have forgotten but sunrise always confirm ahead if the next episode of their Gundam anime is the last right ?
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Yeah your right Smile I might have jumped the Gun a little and sunrise has aired a lot of shows at the same time Thanks Smile I might have forgotten but sunrise always confirm ahead if the next episode of their Gundam anime is the last right ?

Not that I can remember, but it's been so long since I followed a Gundam series as closely as I have with IBO, so I'm not totally sure. You'd think that they would though.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
dark13 wrote:

Not that I can remember, but it's been so long since I followed a Gundam series as closely as I have with IBO, so I'm not totally sure. You'd think that they would though.
Yeah they didn't do that with last weeks episode.
Konopan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like Concrete Revolutio but with musicians instead of classic manga homages. Wonder if it'll be as dense or somehow manage to stick to just the action and comedy guns throughout
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:03 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
dark13 wrote:

You were right and we got some Hype news for Gundam IBO coming this sunday Smile via DAISUKI twitter https://twitter.com/daisuki_net/with_replies where are the ANN reporters when we need them post this news right now.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Looks wonky and cool. Sure, I'll bite.

And for some reason there's a shoebill bird involved? They're a bit unnerving in real life haha.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty great! We're getting a lot of exciting announcements today. I liked the color schemes and character designs, I'll be looking forward to this
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
@EricJ2: I don't understand why they are spreading out "God Eater" like this since it takes longer for the DVD/BD. As such, fans can get impatient which means there could be lousy sales, even though it's current look decent.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:

Has everybody forgotten that a second season of IBO was annouced? I mean, it wasn't that long ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2