• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime's Promo Features Susumu Hirasawa's Insert Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziko856

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
Guys, who said it is 24 episodes ? In the official website, they are saying project starts 2016, which means it will be a long adaptation..please correct me if im wrong
JD76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
ziko856 wrote:
Guys, who said it is 24 episodes ? In the official website, they are saying project starts 2016, which means it will be a long adaptation..please correct me if im wrong

Licensed by Universal Pictures in Germany and listed with 24 episodes:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/24/german-site-lists-24-episodes-for-upcoming-berserk-tv-anime
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
ikramit wrote:
ZorinBlitz wrote:
I wouldn't complain about the CGI. Instead I appreciate a new Berserk anime. I'm guessing this studio stepped up willing to make a new season when no other studios were interested? Its their investment and they're taking all the risk if it doesn't perform well, they need to make profit. You have no say in this lol, your complaining is pointless. Just appreciate after so many years we're lucky to get a new season. I can't wait! Smile

You really have no idea what you’re talking about also for the record berserk is one of the bestselling seinen manga of all time with 40 million plus copies sold and has a very large fan base. Compare the animation here with the drifters PV which is also a seinen manga with only 4 volumes out and which has been nowhere near as prolific.Not saying it would be as good as all that but there's such a difference it's hard to look over.

You also seems to have no idea of what are you talking about. The magazine is not financing the project, nor Miura (even though he is one of the people working the hardest in the project). The whole thing is a standalone initiative from Studio 5°C and they are handling most of the budget issues. The popularity of the manga or just how many copies it sold is irrelevant (the Blu Ray/DVD sales and the box office are what really matters, and we all know the numbers weren't really good for a movie standards in Japan (even counting the much cheaper DVD and Bluray worldwide).

Last edited by danpmss on Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ziko856

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
JD76 wrote:
ziko856 wrote:

Licensed by Universal Pictures in Germany and listed with 24 episodes:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/24/german-site-lists-24-episodes-for-upcomiyng-berserk-tv-anime

I was hoping for a long adaptation. We have 200+ chapters to cover..it is a shame to have 24 episodes only
K'un Lun Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
ziko856 wrote:

I was hoping for a long adaptation. We have 200+ chapters to cover..it is a shame to have 24 episodes only

Well, it seems the trend lately that several anime are being done in 13-26 episode "seasons". Heroic Legend of Arslan (which Universal also has some sort of stake in) is getting a second round of episodes later this year. Sailor Moon Crystal seems to be coming out with new episodes each year. One would think if the first 24 episodes of Berserk do well enough, there will be more the following year.
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:51 am Reply with quote
CoreSignal wrote:

It looks like the show will cover the Black Swordsman Arc and I'm assuming the majority of the episodes will cover the Birth Ceremony chapter. So I"m wondering what they'll do with the Lost Children and Binding Chain chapters. Will they cut out Lost Children and just shorten Binding Chain? or will they try to cover both chapters but in just a few episodes?

If I was being pessimistic, I'd say they'd probably cut out Lost Children entirely and include the Binding Chain stuff some other way into the story. Possibly combine the Blackswordsman arc with some elements of later stuff. Optimistically, I'd say they'll move the appearances of Farnese, Isidro etc. up early and animate Lost Children in some capacity. I can kinda see how they'd do it if they go down that route. There's still a good deal of information they'd have to include, like (spoilers) spoiler[how Guts gets the Dragon Slayer, the demon child, Godo, and so on].

ikramit wrote:
I just got sent this as a private message and you'r saying people complaining about the animation are bad lol.

Oh, that person's been at it for a while, report them here: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2832671&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
EvilOmar78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
I have been waiting since 1998 for a second season so this is excellent news for me. Despite all the hate this little clip is getting, I'm excited. Looks good to me.
ziko856

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
CoreSignal wrote:

It looks like the show will cover the Black Swordsman Arc and I'm assuming the majority of the episodes will cover the Birth Ceremony chapter. So I"m wondering what they'll do with the Lost Children and Binding Chain chapters. Will they cut out Lost Children and just shorten Binding Chain? or will they try to cover both chapters but in just a few episodes?

If I was being pessimistic, I'd say they'd probably cut out Lost Children entirely and include the Binding Chain stuff some other way into the story. Possibly combine the Blackswordsman arc with some elements of later stuff. Optimistically, I'd say they'll move the appearances of Farnese, Isidro etc. up early and animate Lost Children in some capacity. I can kinda see how they'd do it if they go down that route. There's still a good deal of information they'd have to include, like (spoilers) spoiler[how Guts gets the Dragon Slayer, the demon child, Godo, and so on].

ikramit wrote:
I just got sent this as a private message and you'r saying people complaining about the animation are bad lol.

Oh, that person's been at it for a while, report them here: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2832671&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Correct me if I'm wrong..Serpico, Azan and Farnese appear in chapter 95 and Isidro appears in chapter 133..The conviction arc starts in chapter 95 and ends in chapter 180..Doesn't that mean that we will get the whole conviction arc including the lost Children ? The PV shows that the anime will start from chapter 95 since we see the holy knights and since we have 24 episodes, it means it'll cover the whole arc
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
@Ziko: Farnese and co. do indeed appear in 95, forgot about that (come to think of it, the very first PV shows a scene from there) but 95's part of Lost Children while Isidro appears in Birth Ceremony, after Lost Children, which is volumes apart. The 2nd PV showing him so early's what's tripping me up a bit.
ziko856

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
@Ziko: Farnese and co. do indeed appear in 95, forgot about that (come to think of it, the very first PV shows a scene from there) but 95's part of Lost Children while Isidro appears in Birth Ceremony, after Lost Children, which is volumes apart. The 2nd PV showing him so early's what's tripping me up a bit.

Even if he is appearing in the PV i don't think it is necessary that he will appear early in the series..It's a 24 episodes season so maybe he'll appear somewhere around episode 12 or 13 ( Hopefully)
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:

It could just be a quick shot to preview the main characters. Or maybe Isidro appears in early episodes just to foreshadow his main entrance.
JoeQ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Lost Children got the axe. It's not particularly important to the overall story and features some pretty disturbing stuff (even by Berserk standards) that might get the show in trouble with the stations.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
You all do know that an increase in CGI + full CGI shows is inevitable in the anime scene or toons in geneal. That battle is lost, Resistance is futile! Come back to when the shows looks like the helicopter from the 1st Golgo 13 film or when we go full Lawnmower Man. Never go Lawnmower Man... Muira approved of the original films due to the use of CGI in the original film pilot and something as epic as Berserk needs scope which only CGI can give you on a TV budget.
The only other way would be to go back to a heavy amount of the 90s anime paintings and Pan & Scan tricks which would get an even worse reception in 2016. It´s either or you all. Simple as that. I 100% chose CGI and a capable writer/director combo.
The problem with the films is that the fired 4°C borderline swindled Miura (and us i guess) by delivering a final product that is nearly unrecognizable from the manga and the animation also barely looked like the original pilot. Whatever. I can barely judge on 30 seconds but i somehow expect and hope for a rock/metal soundtrack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
You all do know that an increase in CGI + full CGI shows is inevitable in the anime scene or toons in geneal.

Having CG is fine as long as it meshes well with the traditional animation and actually looks good. This doesn't. You must have no understanding at all of animation production if you think this is the best they can do with a manga like Berserk. I just hope when it's released and the larger fan outcry begins that a real studio considers picking it up for a reboot.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
K'un Lun Kid wrote:
Well, it seems the trend lately that several anime are being done in 13-26 episode "seasons". Heroic Legend of Arslan (which Universal also has some sort of stake in) is getting a second round of episodes later this year. Sailor Moon Crystal seems to be coming out with new episodes each year. One would think if the first 24 episodes of Berserk do well enough, there will be more the following year.

Yeah, as long as it does well I'm not too worried.

Can't wait for this (and Arslan) to start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8