• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sailor Moon Exhibit Opens in Usagi's Hometown

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
omg I want her dress!!! its so pretty... Crying or Very sad
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the Neo Queen Serenity and King Endymion dress and tux set was made by a Japanese wedding dress company. One look at the detailed bead work on the dress and the embroidery on the lapel and sleeves of the tux and I'm in love. <3
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely a grand experience for any Sailor Moon fan one that I would just love to visit. Smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
The portraits of Naoko-san's Sailor Moon drawings are a marvelous sight to behold. Surprised
The food looks celestially delicious, I'll bet. Smile
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
Oh my god I would kill to go to this! For a Moon head like myself it's practically paradise! And here I am; 6000 miles away in the States Crying or Very sad
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely loving the images. The Luna P dessert having its antenna is quite amusing to me.

Is that really Tuxedo Mask's tuxedo from the musical, though? It looks more like his Prince Endymion outfit.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
So there IS a Juuban District! Why couldn't we have gotten any iconic exterior shots, for those of us who can't make "real-life anime pilgrimages"?
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
That dress looks absolutely a-freakin-mazing! And that kids bike - I want one for my future little girl! Anime cry
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
Goodness, it all looks so grand and gorgeous, absolutely perfect for Sailor Moon. ♥
I wish I could visit. Hopefully I can in the future when they do something like this again~.

That unnecessary item list still bugs me. It has such a Westernized/NA view of "unnecessary," to it. But outside of that even, why are the pads unnecessary? Surprise, some people get periods and having pads of franchises we like can be a fun way to spend money on something that society already gives you crap for buying. The list is more unnecessary than the items.

(And shouldn't something positive be linked to? Like highlights as products like the anniversary CD or certain collectible merch?)
shosakukan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
Interest
Sailor Moon Exhibit Opens in Usagi's Hometown
posted on 2016-04-17 21:45 EDT by Eric Stimson

Check out original art, light show, tons of merchandise, Queen Neo Serenity's dress, and more

A lavish Sailor Moon exhibit opened on April 16 in Tokyo's Roppongi Hills Observation Deck, which happens to be located in Sailor Moon's hometown, Azabu #10.

The venue for the Bishôjo Senshi Sailor Moon Exhibition is the Sky Gallery of the Roppongi Hills Tokyo City View observatory and it is in the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower skyscraper. The Roppongi Hills Mori Tower skyscraper is located in Roppongi 6-chôme. Not Azabu Jûban. Azabu Jûban (Azabu #10) is a district next to Roppongi.
Although Comic Natalie, the Japanese website which Anime News Network depends upon about the Sailor Moon exhibit article, says, "窓からは「美少女戦士セーラームーン」の舞台でもある麻布十番の街並み...が見える," what it actually says is that people can have a view of Azabu Jûban through some windows of the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower high-rise.
As Anime News Network carries articles about Japanese pop culture, including anime and manga, as a matter of course, such articles are sometimes related to Japanese (especially Tokyo's) geographical things. Probably it is better for them to get familiar with Japanese geography or at least have skills to check such stuff. Even tourists just up from the countryside who want to visit Roppongi Hills check where it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1