• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: xxxHOLiC Rei Manga Reaches 'Climax' on May 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, and Tsubasa was said to be ending soon as well? So only 4 volumes of Rei and about 4 for World Chronicle I guess? I feel like CLAMP is getting bored with these projects again, that or it's reflecting that they aren't nearly as popular as they used to be, as I have barely heard any positive word on these.

Well, I guess we do have Cardcaptor Sakura coming back (and maybe, just maybe, they will try and finish Legal Drug, Gate 7, etc...)
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
I feel like CLAMP is getting bored with these projects again, that or it's reflecting that they aren't nearly as popular as they used to be, as I have barely heard any positive word on these.

In their defense, the main xxxHolic and Tsubasa stories are over. Maybe these afterstories were never meant to be that long in the first place.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
And i just stopped reading. Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.
But No sequel for me. Dear Clamp, get your house in order!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lady-leen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I love CLAMP but I hate that they always put their manga in hiatus for a long time!
X is forever in hiatus and I lost all hopes for it being completed xD

I guess Tsubasa, Sakura & Holic were the most popular series of CLAMP
that's why they did a sequel for Holic and then new series of Tsubasa and now Sakura is back as well xD

and here I'm still hoping to see a 3rd season of Tsubasa but I know it's impossible xD
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
lady-leen wrote:

and here I'm still hoping to see a 3rd season of Tsubasa but I know it's impossible xD

I'm still disappointed with how they produced the anime. I'm still way behind on the manga, and only got to read the first few volumes back in the day. So instead, I followed the rest of it through the EDIT: anime. I heard that the tv seasons didn't do too well, so that's probably why they ended it (and xxxHOLiC) through OVAs. Too bad, because so much was definitely left out, as I was always pretty lost going from the show to the OVA and into the next OVA series. Would've been nice to see the whole thing made as a full series, but for now I just need to pick up the other volumes as some point to read through the whole thing.

Last edited by Sheleigha on Mon May 23, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lady-leen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
lady-leen wrote:

I'm still disappointed with how they produced the anime. I'm still way behind on the manga, and only got to read the first few volumes back in the day. So instead, I followed the rest of it through the manga. I heard that the tv seasons didn't do too well, so that's probably why they ended it (and xxxHOLiC) through OVAs. Too bad, because so much was definitely left out, as I was always pretty lost going from the show to the OVA and into the next OVA series. Would've been nice to see the whole thing made as a full series, but for now I just need to pick up the other volumes as some point to read through the whole thing.

yeah it wasn't really good but I enjoyed watching it a lot dunno why xD
maybe cause the story is so good and the OST was EPIC <333
too bad they only adapted the beginning of the manga!!!
the serious arcs starts after the Tokyo arc!!
the OVA of Tokyo was great and better than the anime in production..
you have to continue reading cause the plot got more and more intresting
it's one of my best manga of all time
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
lady-leen wrote:

you have to continue reading cause the plot got more and more intresting
it's one of my best manga of all time

Right now, manga is lower on my priority buying list at the moment, but what stinks is that I need to go to used book stores for Tsubasa :p I started buying them as singles, so I don't want to ruin it by jumping to the new omnibuses, and the original ones are long out of print. I was able to pick a few up on clearance for like $2 each, so I plan to continue doing that for a bit until I can work towards the rest, and finally sit down and read them all.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda happy but also kinda sad that it's ending soon. I love the xxxHolic world, and was really happy when Rei was announced. However, as long as this one ends a little better than how the main series ended, I'll be happy. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
If I'm not mistaken, didn't the new Tsubasa end already? They just have an upcoming "final crossover" with Rei. I didn't really care for Nirai Kanai Hen at all. It didn't resolve or change anything in the end, it was just a little blurb on the end of the series.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Interesting, and Tsubasa was said to be ending soon as well? So only 4 volumes of Rei and about 4 for World Chronicle I guess?

I think that World Chronicle is going to be 3 volumes. Kodansha USA has already released the first 2 (I have them sitting on my shelf), but I've yet to read them. I had started collecting the original Tsubasa manga a few months before they announced the omnibus re-release of the series.

Had only gotten 4 volumes, but sold those and started getting the omnis. Since I've been waiting for the series to be completely released in omnibus form, I've yet to read them. Though, I've yet to look at what format the final 4 volumes are going to be collected in. All the omnis, so far, have been 3-in-1s. I assume that the final 4 volumes will be released as on omnibus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1