• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Robot Wars V Game Announced for PS4, PS Vita

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
The article lacks the most important one: The English Asian version.

Yep, after waiting for 25 long years, this game will be the FIRST English version of a non-OG SRW. And since the PS4 & Vita is region free, you can import it from various seller here in Asia.

ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
The English release was referring to Moon Dwellers. It's still unknown whether Voyage will have Asian English release or not.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
>kaiju sized kedoras
>the return of ZZ Gundam and Prince of Darkness
>freaking megaborgs from Daitarn 3
>ZAKU SRE (ZAKU COME HERE!)
>freaking Ankhs make an appearance
>manga titles I don't care for 'cause I don't read manga
>SUDDENLY MAITO GYN! Includes Goryu!

PLEASE DO GREAT MIGHT GAINE JUSTICE COMMA BANPRESTO!

I mean granted as much as I liked Cross Ange I'd rather have Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, Buddy Complex, Star Driver, or Majestic Prince first, but that's just me- Wait a tick.

>2017

Oh. Sad
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
Holy smokes Yamato in a SRW game...well I think I know why it's named Voyage now (Iskandar here we come)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
Yoo! Getter's back for this entry. That's sick! Always loved Getter especially how weirdly brutal it is.

Umm, just a quick question. Why is it that most of these Super Robot Wars games never come out in the West? I forget why and am too lazy to go to Wikipedia. Razz .
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
Herald Of JOJO wrote:

Umm, just a quick question. Why is it that most of these Super Robot Wars games never come out in the West? I forget why and am too lazy to go to Wikipedia. Razz .

I think it was because of various license issues with music.

Cool I have to pick this up too bad Code Geass isn't in this one I was hoping, but oh well at least I have Cross Ange and FMP. (Please let Hilda be a playable character and not just Ange Amen)
Hehaho1830

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Herald Of JOJO wrote:
Yoo! Getter's back for this entry. That's sick! Always loved Getter especially how weirdly brutal it is.

Because for every single Property (Gundam Z, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, etc) they have to get permission from every single member of the production committee to include it. And they would have to do that for every single country they wanted to release it in as well, BUT they would also have to get the license holders in on it too.

Quite a few properties coming back, at least in some form, from SRW J: Nadesico (but Movie form), Full Metal Panic, Gundam Seed... and the OG game is bringing back SRW J's Banpresto Originals.

I gotta say though, I'm really looking forward to a Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact, Evangelion, Nadesico Mash-up
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Cool I have to pick this up too bad Code Geass isn't in this one I was hoping, but oh well at least I have Cross Ange and FMP. (Please let Hilda be a playable character and not just Ange Amen)

Saw her at the end of the trailer, she's gotta be playable.....right? Cross Ange getting in is hype, and Yamato's induction is sick as well.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
Man, I was hoping for Guilty Crown and Aldnoah.Zero, but they usually release multiple SRW games per year, so they can still make the cut I guess. I'm just shocked that Gundam IBO wasn't in it.
dark13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
The English release was referring to Moon Dwellers. It's still unknown whether Voyage will have Asian English release or not.
do you have a source for that ? because the Gundam reddit this there is an English ver .
Hehaho1830

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
Whether or not you like Cross Ange's story, you'll love the Real Robot line robots it brings. Fast moving mode on multiple units that then moves to battle mode.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm just shocked that Gundam IBO wasn't in it.

It is far too early for IBO and they have to do G-Reco first.
dark13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Quote:
I'm just shocked that Gundam IBO wasn't in it.

It is far too early for IBO and they have to do G-Reco first.
I was thinking they would show off the new Barbatos that was in the teaser pic as cross promotion. Would that not work ?
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Would that not work ?

Not now because IBO is not even FINISHED. Unicorn got a pass because it was ending when Z3 was coming out. Banpresto debuts Gundam in production order, G-Reco's has to come first or debut with it.
seoulman1985

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm still wondering how they'll use EVA when it's not even done, unless that's going to be for the sequel, or this is helping to hype the "eventual" final movie.

With so many Z series coming back, it has me wonder the premise for V. Did a time paradox occur, or maybe this is an alternate timeline? I can't wait to play, especially in English, it'll be easier to share with my friends who can't understand Japanese!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2