• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Catchiest OP and ED of Spring 2016 season

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlamMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I am curious to know what songs (OP and ED) from the Spring 2016 season were stuck in your head the most. I would wait until the season is over to post this but I will be away when it ends and won't be able to make the post then.

For me:

OP: 3 way tie between the OPS of
Kumamiko
Flying Witch
Three Leaves, Three Colours

ED: Would have to go to Kumamiko

Also to note, though these were stuck in my head the most it does not mean I think they are the best of the season.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
You'll want to elaborate more on what you like about each song, otherwise it's just a list thread.
SlamMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I don't really know what I like about the songs. All I know is that they are constantly stuck in my head and that it's often one of the 3 OPs I mentioned that I am humming to myself.

My guesses of why they stick with me would be the clapping from Flying Witch, the Chorus from Kumamiko and I have no clue for the last one. For Kumamikos ED it's probably Natsu's voice that makes it stick. The fact that they are all upbeat probably helps.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
I liked BLOODRED by D-Selections which was the OP for Hundred. While the series itself was trash, the rock style and vocals seemed to hit a catchy tune chord me enough to go out and buy it. Almost on the same level as the One Punch Man OP but nothing I think can compare to that.

For ending I liked the Kumamiko theme as well. Natsu and Machi singing together, but then the other Kumade Village cast joining in on the chorus made a catchy tune also. It didn't really feel poppish like most anime songs I hear nowadays, so that would explain why it ranks in as my favorite ending for Spring 2016. I also bought the CD single for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ghudson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
We could narrow down the list if you specified what type of music it is Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1