• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, September 26-October 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
Go Aqours! I hope the other volume sell just as strong so we can get a second season announcement. I'd like to import this series but sadly I need to wait until the final volume so I can save on shipping costs.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:43 am Reply with quote
Yes! Go go New Game and Mob Psycho! Well Mob have lower sales but at least its still in unit of thousand. Good job for Love Live too. Hated it when people call that anime as shit with empty characters though. There is more to the content than meets the eye.
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:46 am Reply with quote
Hell yea, LL Rocks. Wink
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:57 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda surprised with Tsukiuta's and Amanchu's numbers to be honest, I half expected them both to bomb hard, but i'm glad to see that they have acceptable numbers. Although, since Tsukiuta's an idol anime, I guess what really matters in the end are the CDs rankings, huh.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 am Reply with quote
Nice to see G Gundam in there Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bibotot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:23 am Reply with quote
Love-live! once again proves itself a cash cow in the anime industry. Sweet Jesus. It outsells the other 19 titles combined. In fact, it doubles the sum.

Nice to see new Game and Danganronpa 3 up there. I believe that Daganronpa The Animation also sells as much in its first week, which means despite the improvements, the new series are not truly catching.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Love Live Sunshine is far and wide my favourite show of the year so far so I'm really happy it's such a success. I was a bit worried about how Japan would receive the new cast but BOY OH BOY were my worries unfounded. The memorial box selling nearly 80 000 in a week is even more insane given how expensive it is.

New Game's sales might be a drop in the bucket compared to Love Live, but a high 5000 is pretty damn good for the first week. 'CGDCT' shows tend to vary sales wise but given how good this one is I'm glad the sales are less Sansha Sanyou and more KinMoza. Fingers crossed it and the other volumes continue to sell well so we can get a Season 2. And 3. And 4. And 5. And 26.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
I've kind of wondered for a while that if they could navigate the transition from µ's to Aqours, whether Love Live! could basically become Sunrise's new Gundam: a reliable cash cow franchise that they can extend every year or so with slight tweaks and occasionally restart with entirely new casts. So, just as Mobile Suit Gundam led to Z, ZZ, etc., maybe we can expect Love Live Sunshine, Love Live Sunshine Sunshine, Saint Snow's Counterattack, and so on.
Ejc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Love Live Sunshine is far and wide my favourite show of the year so far so I'm really happy it's such a success. I was a bit worried about how Japan would receive the new cast but BOY OH BOY were my worries unfounded. The memorial box selling nearly 80 000 in a week is even more insane given how expensive it is.

Just saying, but the first week sales could've been even higher if the Memorial BOX did not have stock issues at Amazon JP. It was saying "In stock on October 5", since its September 28th release date, and it only changed to "In stock" on October 4. So I expect, it to rank well in the October 4th daily ranking.

And another crazy prospect, which I thought would never ever happen, is the possibility that μ's will get a gold disc certification from the RIAJ (for shipping > 100,000 copies) within the "Music Video" category. I'm not sure if there has been an anime-related artist, who isn't already mainstream, that has ever achieved such a feat. It would be Love Live!'s 12th gold disc certification though, as 7 of μ's' singles, 2 of μ's' albums and 2 of BiBi's singles have been gold disc certified by the RIAJ.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
Glad to see ReZero still doing well. Those Love Live sale though! Shocked didn't realise it was that big.
AP24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
Masou Gakuen BD and DVD together sold 3.7k in 3 days. Should reach 4k next week and hopefully that's enough for another season.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
I expected both Servamp and Mob Psycho to bomb hard, so I'm pleased to see both of them doing relatively well -the latter moreso-. Hopefully both get healthy manga boosts to give us second seasons
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Those Love Live sale though! 8O didn't realise it was that big.

Going by the someanithing list, Love Live S2 is one of the top 5 for per-volume average sales since 2000. It's big.
Loveless100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
I don't know if this is mentioned, but Sunshine Vol. 1 has a ticket to enter the raffle for the Aqours first live. So that's why the sales numbers are skewed. Heck even I bought one...

This trend will continue through Vol. 2 (since that has Day 2 raffle tickets) so we'll see a more normal trend after that...unless they do something else like another live....
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
I was commenting on how this week's sales were weird, but Ig uess some of that can be atributed to love live; particularly the low macross and mob sales.on the other hand joker game sold quite well, particularly for a "fujoshi" show, same for new game since those slice of life yuri subtext don't really sell that well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3