• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon S Voice Actress Susan Aceron Passes Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momentumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Actually found out about this two hours before the Thursday service. The funeral house was literally 10 minutes away from my house so I decided to drop everything and attend.

It was a beautiful service. They had her old singing group and a slideshow with a video of her singing. There were so many tears during those moments.

I just so happened to have a second copy of this DVD in my possession:
https://www.smuncensored.com/images/smsdvd4art2.jpg

So I decided to donate it to the family so they could own a piece of her legacy since these aren't exactly easy to find anymore.

May you rest in peace, Susan.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:50 am Reply with quote
Momentumble wrote:

I just so happened to have a second copy of this DVD in my possession:
https://www.smuncensored.com/images/smsdvd4art2.jpg

So I decided to donate it to the family so they could own a piece of her legacy since these aren't exactly easy to find anymore.

May you rest in peace, Susan.
That was very heartbreaking but I'm glad you were able to give them the DVD. Sailor Pluto was always one of my top favorite Sailor Scouts. I've got a figure of her right next to me right now and I grew up with Susan Aceron's voice as her on Cartoon Network.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote
RIP to her. I remember watching Sailor Moon back on Cartoon Network and hearing Sailor Pluto. Thank you for your fantastic voicework and for the memories.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
May she rest in peace. I remember watching Sailor Moon every day after school back in the early 2000s.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:44 am Reply with quote
I was a little surprised that she voiced Mistress 9 and one of the Witches5. She was a pretty prominent VA for the villains.

I also heard about this and was bummed out yesterday. Cool that it was a open service to vans and family alike.

The only thing I thought that was odd was that I never saw her gofundme page until yesterday :/
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote
Oh no, not her too! RIP Susan, you were one of the best VAs of the old dub.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace, Ms. Aceron. Sad You sounded great as Pluto.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Rest in Peace Susan Aceron Gray. 44, way to early.

Also, jesus christ, cancer in her nose? Gimme a damn break. Cancer is such crazy shit. It scares me more than an aneurysm, if you're "lucky" it kills you right away without such suffering. Confused
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Smh Another article. Very unfortunate that this had to happen to Susan. I hope her friends and family can get through this. Thank you for having an impact on our child/adulthood. RIP
tofukitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if there's a place to send condolences and well wishes to her family? I mean I guess they might read this. Cancer can be really rough my dad has throat cancer that moved into his lungs. He was told at one point he had six months.that was two years ago he's doing all right all things considered. I really wish he'd write a will though. My grandmother also lived w "terminal" ovarian cancer for over 10 years so you just never know. I say these things about my family in case it might give someone a little hope, not to detract from Susan's death. She certainly was gone too soon. As someone already stated I have memories of rushing home after school to watch Sailor Moon.
My condolences to her family.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know who she voiced in Digimon Frontier? That's the only thing I have easy access to to watch right now.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God this breaks my heart. My condolences to her family, I know how painful it is. I've lost two aunts to cancer all within two years. And she was phenomenal as Pluto Crying or Very sad
NotAnEvaClone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
May the gorgeous voice of one of anime's loveliest characters rest in peace.
asukas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
This is tragic, she was so young and still had so much more to offer the world. Pluto was my favorite senshi as a kid, I'll always be thankful to her for giving my favorite character life.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quote
tofukitty wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a place to send condolences and well wishes to her family?

If you click on the source link that we used for our article:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/edmontonjournal/obituary.aspx?n=susan-flores-aceron-gray&pid=181883175

There's a message at the end of that obituary that says:
Quote:
In lieu of flowers, Memorial Donations may be made in Susan's name to a charity of your choice.
The family wishes to send a special thank you to the staff at the St. Joseph's Auxiliary Hospital, Stollery Palliative Wing. Your caring and support for Susan and her family will always be remembered.
To send condolences, please visit www.connelly-mckinley.com.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2