• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service [Omnibus] GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taishou*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this one finally get reprinted. One of my personal favorite manga.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
This was one of those blind buys of mine that really paid off. The story is quite entertaining without being too cliche' and it has a nice balance I find between the darker and lighter elements. I actually first noticed it because of the cover art and then when I picked up a volume and felt the difference in the paper for the cover I was interested and took a look inside. I wasn't even looking for a new manga that day at the comic shop but a well timed display by the Survival and Nail Biter graphic novels caught my attention. I personally have found though the series is best enjoyed at a more casual pace. As opposed to marathon reading large chunks.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my first manga series, and continues to be one of my favourite stories for it's mix of horror and black comedy. Totally bummed the translation seems to be on indefinite hiatus, but I'm glad these omnibus editions are coming out to hopefully grab some new fans (and encourage it's continued release).
Righteousrye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 am Reply with quote
I'll be frank when I say this , this was a series I knew nothing going in , and to be honest I'm really grateful for it . As this first volume was a gift from a friend , and man what a great one at that . I'm always a sucker for oddball casts and this is certainly quite the cast , the fact that these screwballs meddle with the dead and supernatural made me love it more , the comedy was on point and I was laughing my ass of , it made me go so far as to pick up the second omnibus ,to any skeptics just pick this puppy up and get into it already
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1