• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's English Dub Clip Shows Yugi, Téa

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Glad they where able to get the original voice actors back, cant wait to see it in theaters.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
What's up with the surfer music?
Edo the Light

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
So is Tea and Yugi dating now or something?
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean that Yami (Atem) is an adult now? I was always confused about why Yami-yugi was just slightly older rather than an adult. The plot of Yugioh is a blur.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Anzu is still so freakin' hot...!
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
Does this mean that Yami (Atem) is an adult now? I was always confused about why Yami-yugi was just slightly older rather than an adult. The plot of Yugioh is a blur.

Try watching season 0. He is small there. For some reason, Yami looked taller in the next seasons
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote
It seems that Yūgi has undergone a growth spurt...and it seems that Tea has taken quite an increased interest in him...Could this be the start of romance?

Of course, there's the out-of-place beach music, but that's typical of 4K Media...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
What's up with the surfer music?

You've never watch a Yu-Gi-Oh series (be it the Japanese or American) version?
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Edo the Light wrote:
So is Tea and Yugi dating now or something?

No, Anzu and Yugi are just friends. Romance isn't much of a focus in the franchise. What little there is is usually one sided and unrequited like Yusei/Aki and Yuma/Kotori. In DM its more complicated because Anzu only liked Atem, but friendzoned Yugi.

Gasero wrote:

No, they're still in high school. Yugi doesnt age or grow when Atem takes over, he just looks more confident which is why it looks taller as a way to show it. If you want to rationalize the growth spurt you can think of it like Yugi is always slouching while Atem stands up straight with confidence.

As for the "beach music", here is the original for comparison

https://youtu.be/uuHW9wpVZQs

It has a more somber, stringed instrument feel

If it keeps in like with the previous movie, the only visual edits will be the cards, but the music and dialog will be changed. It's a bit surprising to see Anzu's short skirt and zettai ryouiki untouched. They spent half the budget for Zexal and ARC-V's dub lengthening skirts and replacing thigh highs with pants.

-Stuart Smith
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:

Atem is gone now and he was a teenager as well. At the end of the show Yugi was already as tall as Atem.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
So I see they replaced all the music Evil or Very Mad
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
has yugi banged tea yet?
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:48 am Reply with quote
I'm still apprehensive after how the past movie dubs turned out, but so far the voice direction and scripting seem decent. It is a shame about the re-scoring though. Kind of strange too, since 4Kids didn't have a problem with the Pokemon movies keeping their original score. (starting with movie 4-onward, anyway)
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:03 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
I'm still apprehensive after how the past movie dubs turned out, but so far the voice direction and scripting seem decent. It is a shame about the re-scoring though. Kind of strange too, since 4Kids didn't have a problem with the Pokemon movies keeping their original score. (starting with movie 4-onward, anyway)

Pokémon was always an oddball for 4Kids though, considering that the TV series always kept some (but not all) of the Japanese music right from the start, while all their other shows had full replacement scores. (Except Dinosaur King? Or so I heard.)

I guess with the replacement score, the best we can hope for is a Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown quality dub? Despite the replacement score, the script of that movie was really well handled. I'd say it was actually better than the fourth and fifth Pokémon films that actually did keep the Japanese score. (The fourth movie cut a couple of scenes and actually added in a few new dub exclusive ones in and the script for the fifth movie's dub was just a mess.)

Speaking of the dubs of the previous Yu-Gi-Oh! movies though, wasn't the English dub of Pyramid of Light the original version of that film?
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
has yugi banged tea yet?

Not in the 4kids version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2