• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Honeybee Black's Dynamic Chord Project for Female Gamers Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
It would be so much of an utopia if yuri works get more attention as well but that's probably not gonna happened.
starlightshine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, a super stacked list of VAs. And it's not (exactly) idols for once! Yes, I'll be watching this.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
So let me get this straight...smokin' hot idol looking guys with rock music rather than the poppy idol norm...hot idol guys...with rock music. Yeah, I'm going to be all over this!

apple-polisher has to be the most hilarious band name ever tho lol
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 am Reply with quote
Not really interested.
*sees Shouta Aoi's name. Character plays vocals*
Now this seems like a new type of music anime. Must be worth checking it out!
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Honeybee is rising, it's not as popular as Utapri or Idolish7 it can't even compare to their label's StarrySky franchise, but I absolutely agree that this is a fresh stuff next to Bakumatsu rock. Not to mention that art style is dope and holy cow those casts.

Male idol/rockband animes are getting a little darker now Marginal#4 has a darkish-kpop theme and now we'll have Dynamic Chord.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:05 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
It would be so much of an utopia if yuri works get more attention as well but that's probably not gonna happened.

Citrus and Netsuzou Trap are getting anime adaptations. If those sell well then there will probably be more yuri in the future.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:

What has this got to do with yuri?? And If you're implying that this is a BL, no it's not. It's an otome..

I've played a bit, I'm not big on character designs, their chin/mouth area looks weird, not a big fan of the most voice actors either. The romance is a turn off as well.

I do have a few characters I like Sumiya, Seri, Sakura. And a lot of the songs are great. For those reasons I'll check out the anime.

There a lot of great rock/metal otome games out there, too bad they never get anime, hope this leads to more to getting anime which I doubt will happen but
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1