• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Posts 'Baton Passing' Video Ahead of Kirakira Precure a la Mode Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 am Reply with quote
This is actually Toei adapting a Super Sentai tradition unto the Cure franchise. For the past ten years every Super Sentai show has concluded with a short, non-canon scene where the leader of the old team welcomes the leader of the new one.

Example:

https://youtu.be/cP3KXBzPsq8
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
Besides the 30=second baton toss short, the very last episode of Mahou Tsukai Precure! also had a crossover sequence with--well, you'll easily see if when you see that unusual "episode" (which has the "feel" of an OVA).
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I know about the Super Sentai "passing the torch", but didn't expect one for PreCure.

Either way, looking forward of how they're gonna go with this "familiar" setting some people will know, lol. Though a tad different.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:18 am Reply with quote
No word on the final episode of Mahoustukai PreCure being a crossover episode with the new season? PreCure has done the baton-passing thing for several years now, but this is the first time they've had a tokusatsu-style cameo episode. I'd think that's bigger news than the unsurprising baton-passing.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the new series.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
No word on the final episode of Mahoustukai PreCure being a crossover episode with the new season? PreCure has done the baton-passing thing for several years now, but this is the first time they've had a tokusatsu-style cameo episode. I'd think that's bigger news than the unsurprising baton-passing.

I think there's an unwritten rule here that there will never be any reviews or overlooks about stuff about shows that aren't legally available. Or no one here watches Precure.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:

That caught me off guard and was kind of neat, it relieves post installment anime depression. I hope they do a crossover like that again.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one laughing at the fact the character with the Dog Motiff likes Chocolate? I mean everyone knows Chocolate is basically poison to dogs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1