• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't access the site when logged in (Subscriber Account)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Blackiris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Hi,

since yesterday night I've been unable to access ANN while logged in with my main account (Blackiris_), so I'm posting this using Twitter. I'm a subscriber, so I'm redirected to the "fast.animenewsnerwork.com" server which might be the cause. (This account obviously works fine.)

I've tried different browsers (Firefox, Chrome) and devices (laptop, smartphone) and different locations (home, university) and also deleted my cookies (which was the only way to log out anyway) and cleared the cache, so I guess there's no problem on my site.

When visiting ANN I get the following error: "We're terribly sorry but an unexpected error occured while accessing this page.

Thank you for your understanding."

I can still see the feature articles in the column to the right and the navigation, but when I click on one of the links, I get the same message again or a 500 error code. Everything works fine when I'm logged out. Even when I'm logged in there is no "fast" in the URL bar of the browser which is usually the case.

Is this a known problem and will this be fixed (or can I do anything to fix it)?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
you getting a 500 - internal server error? that's what has been appearing for me, but the fast server works just fine
_Blackiris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
It works now. I don't know what the problem was, but I'm redirected properly now and can access the entire site without problems again.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1