• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Food Wars! Anime's 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote
Yes yuppie glad to hear it.
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Oh, I know about that deal. I just haven't seen proof yet that S2 will also be on Animeism. Sometimes sequel seasons aren't: Food Wars itself is the perfect example of that with S1 being an Animeism show and S2 and - evidently - S3 not, so I'm still holding out a faint sliver of hope.

First of all, YES! (About Soma.) And I'm with you. The worries about Love Live Sunshine, and Yuki Yuna. I don't know about Yuki Yuna, but I have a feeling LLS will be put on CR. (Given how the Funi x CR deal put season 1 on CR.)
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I would not go that far. Sentai probably concluded that it makes business sense to keep this franchise in the same streaming service; the same will probably happen with the second season of Himouto Umaru-chan. But I expect Sentai to keep putting the majority of their new shows on Anime Strike for the foreseeable future.

Along with Sword Oratoria (as mentioned above), it also apparently didn't make sense for the 3rd installment of Rin-ne.

I would be less surprised if we learn CR actually beat Sentai to the rights for the series than I was by this announcement they have it.

It's possible, but I'm hoping it's more like Haikyuu season 3, where CR got the master license but Sentai still got home video and limited digital rights. I really hate when seasons switch companies. Not only do you need to worry about consistencies with the translation and dubbing, but often the packaging won't even match. At least the popularity of the title should ensure that we don't end up with another Fate/Kaleid, where we still don't know the fate of the final season as far as home video goes.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
That's a very good news!
After the Kyokai no Rinne issue, I was worried Shokukei wouldn't make it on Crunchyroll.

With Souma 3rd season, Black Clover, Juni Taisen, Kino no Tabi and Mahoutsukai no Yome, Crunchyroll will be worth the subscription!
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
*claps* And another reason to keep my CR premium membership intact along with Kino's Journey.

Will we be getting a report on Crunchyroll Expo? After my first time at Anime Expo, I'll gladly start saving up for more West coast cons since that was more fun than I expected.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
A surprising but very nice move by CR. Now if they could be the ones to dub this instead of Sentai then it would be perfect

The Food Wars dub is great, my favourite Sentai dub by far, so good!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
Chichiryuutei wrote:
I'm not surprised at all. This is probably a sub only stream while Sentai will still get the home video and dub steaming rights.

I know that Sentai is much smaller than Funimation but it should have a plan for simuldubs as well. I'd like to see them 4 weeks after the original stream. More than enough time to dub and helps them promote their HiDive service.

Since there has been some fresh Funi talent getting their voice acting debut or their first major roles through a simuldub, the same thing could happen with Sentai simuldubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2