• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yurio's Amazing 'Welcome to the Madness' Routine Shown in Production Sketches

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razberry_yum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Stunning! Sometimes we forget the amount of work it takes to animate each frame that we seen on-screen. It's amazing.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Still better than the animation in Welcome to the Ballroom. Joking aside, it's really exquisite.

I actually hadn't seen the whole thing before. Wow, Otabek and the glove is... Shocked"

This better be an extra whenever it gets released over here. Very Happy
Songster01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Still better than the animation in Welcome to the Ballroom. Joking aside, it's really exquisite.

I actually hadn't seen the whole thing before. Wow, Otabek and the glove is... Shocked"

This better be an extra whenever it gets released over here. Very Happy

I would be surprised if this extra wasn't in the NA set, given that it was an extra in the JPN release. I'm hoping we'll get release news for YOI in NA soon, since Funimation's December releases should be posted in a couple weeks or so. It would be a spectacular holiday gift and should sell well, given the show's popularity. I know it'll be on my list and I already have the Japanese set.

Still wish Victor and Yuuri's Duetto pair skate got similar deluxe treatment as WttM, but I'll be mollified if they get a pair skating scene in the new film with similarly brilliant animation.

Poor BeY! At least it makes me appreciate even more the wonderful way the skating animation is used in YOI. I think I'd mind the stop-start feel of the ballroom dancing scenes less if I hadn't seen YOI first, given that the treatment of the dancing is very much like you'd see in other sports shonen series. And done well in that vein! But now, the amount of actual dancing seems frustratingly small. There's still time to rectify that, however, in later episodes.
Wahappen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
*Sings "Welcome to the Madnessss~"* I just made an inhuman screech
Yurio(16) stripping be like *insert lenny face here*
No joke the bluray version has the same god-tier animation quality as WttM. I sure hope Stammi Vicino can also get a full version glamour.

Songster01 wrote:
But now, the amount of actual dancing seems frustratingly small. There's still time to rectify that, however, in later episodes.

Yes, sadly. The amount of frame skipping shown during the dancing scenes is too high, they show the action lesser than the drama, need to focus more on the dancing. Reminds me of that disastrous cheerleading anime where the cheerleading parts became CG.jpeg.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1