• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English-Subtitled Dies Irae Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Largest crowdfunding...? Didn't Muv Luv earn 1.1mil or something? Or am confusing the method of achieving aforementioned money?

Last edited by AksaraKishou on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yuu~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Largest crowdfunding...? Didn't Muv Luv earn 1.1mil or something? Or is am confusing the method of achieving aforementioned money?

It says Japan's largest crowdfunding, MuvLuv was international.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote
This better not be too fan-servicing. If it isn't, then with that trailer and crowdfunding milestone I got some watching to do.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
This better not be too fan-servicing. If it isn't, then with that trailer and crowdfunding milestone I got some watching to do.

From what I've seen from the game so far, I think it'll be too chuuni to be fanservicey. But we'll see.

By the way, they really weren't lying when explaining how chuuni this series is.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Great, another "let's fetishize Nazis" anime. Just what this year needed.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't wanna judge this anime before I've seen it, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the basic plot. I mean, I'm all for an alternate historical anime, but what does a present day Japanese boy have to do with the events that took place in during WW2? Confused
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:

I don't think Japan thinks it's a big problem over there. Frankly yes the Nazi stuff has turned me off of possibly watching this too much. Besides that the anime just looks weird to me as well.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 am Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Zeino wrote:

I don't think Japan thinks it's as big problem over there. Frankly yes the Nazi stuff has turned me off of possibly watching this too much. Besides that the anime just looks weird to me as well.

I'm surprised the Nazi stuff doesn't get the thing shelved from the get-go. Both Germany and Japan heavily regret their actions, with Germany banning anything related to Nazis and Japan going into its state of never fighting in a war ever again. I would just chalk it up to Japan being lenient with Freedom of Speech (in their own borders).
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
I don't wanna judge this anime before I've seen it, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the basic plot. I mean, I'm all for an alternate historical anime, but what does a present day Japanese boy have to do with the events that took place in during WW2? Confused

If someone warns you about chuuni, they usually mean something about past lives, reincarnation, and awesome supernatural powers. It's all actually pretty silly and nonsensical, but once things get going, the VN is actually kinda fun. I got the VN's common route for free on Steam.

(I think there's a patch to unlock the adult content too.)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
... Both Germany and Japan heavily regret their actions, with Germany banning anything related to Nazis and Japan going into its state of never fighting in a war ever again. I would just chalk it up to Japan being lenient with Freedom of Speech (in their own borders).

Germany yes. But in the case of Japan, there's enough historical revisonism, or attempts to it, going around, mainly spearheaded by Nippon Kaigi, for me to doubt that part of your sentence...
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:
Zeino wrote:

I don't think Japan thinks it's as big problem over there. Frankly yes the Nazi stuff has turned me off of possibly watching this too much. Besides that the anime just looks weird to me as well.

I'm surprised the Nazi stuff doesn't get the thing shelved from the get-go. Both Germany and Japan heavily regret their actions, with Germany banning anything related to Nazis and Japan going into its state of never fighting in a war ever again. I would just chalk it up to Japan being lenient with Freedom of Speech (in their own borders).

I'm more shocked over how Funimation just bought this to be dubbed over here. Actually scratch that, not really that shocked considering some of things Funimation buys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1