• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Garo -Vanishing Line- English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Tatum's name reminds me that I should finish Saiyuki Reload Blast from last season, just to see what he might do with the scripts of this show. I'm not too worried or anything, but I do expect his scripts to be just a tad overwritten.

I'm liking this cast tho. Caitlin Glass directing this doesn't really surprise me, but this DOES mean that she's not the main director of Love Live Sunshine S2. I wonder if that was a hard choice for her to make and who will take over her position.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Taliesin Jaffe/T. Axelrod has voiced the role of main protagonist since DearS. All I can say there is, Sword is definitely a step up from Takeya.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

I'm liking this cast tho. Caitlin Glass directing this doesn't really surprise me, but this DOES mean that she's not the main director of Love Live Sunshine S2. I wonder if that was a hard choice for her to make and who will take over her position.

I'd guess Alexis. I think she directed a few eps when Caitlin was at a con

Takkun4343 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Taliesin Jaffe/T. Axelrod has voiced the role of main protagonist since DearS. All I can say there is, Sword is definitely a step up from Takeya.

I think he was Arthur Conan Doyle in Black Butler: Book of Murder.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Thancred as Sword is actually pretty genius casting IMO.

Still waiting on the Divine Flame movie though.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

She said on Twitter she's directing both dubs, apparently.
Yours_Truly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Talisen is a good (possibly great) choice for Sword. Just finished Tales of Berseria recently and discovered that he had done the voice for Eizen, when came as a great surprise for me since I only knew him as a guy on the voice production side of things. Anyway, can't wait to hear how the dub turns out!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Considering Texas is a right-to-work state, I wonder why Taliesin Jaffe is going under "T. Axelrod" for this show.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first Garo anime for the most part (though I skipped over Crimson Moon) and the pv for this made me very intrigued. I will definitely give the dub a shot when the first episode drops.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Considering Texas is a right-to-work state, I wonder why Taliesin Jaffe is going under "T. Axelrod" for this show.

Likely because he works primarily out of California, which isn't, and I doubt he wants to take risks.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 am Reply with quote
Caitlin did such a great job with directing the "Sakura Quest" simuldub. Heck, I think SQ was Alexis Tipton's best work after "Sekirei". Yes, I think 1 of my fave VA's best work was a T&A show.
lycopene

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Caitlin did such a great job with directing the "Sakura Quest" simuldub. Heck, I think SQ was Alexis Tipton's best work after "Sekirei". Yes, I think 1 of my fave VA's best work was a T&A show.

Yes Kadmos, everyone who has spent more than 5 min on the forums knows this. You tell us every chance you get. Thanks for reminding us
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Yessss, can't wait!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

That's fair. Sekirei was the first show that made me take notice of her work.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
Has anyone else watch those "Sakura Quest Fest" live streams Caitlin occasionally hosted on Periscope? It was more common in the summer. The show featured Caitlin and 1 of the voice actors for a particular episode answering e-mail or live stream questions during breakfast time. I hope they do 1 soon with Alexis, Brina, Elizabeth, Leah, and Tia about the final episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1