• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Life of Budori Gusko Anime Film Gets English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowzhand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Note: Sentai Filmworks now has the title listed as "The Life of Gusuko Budori".

Changed the spelling a tad.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I am a bit surprised Girlish Number is not getting a dub. And this SNAFU rerelease ends any speculation for Sentai to go back and dub it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 am Reply with quote
I know this anime and the "Night on the Galactic Railroad" movie are both adapted from Kenji Miyazawa works, but this anime looks a sequel/prequel/spin-off to "Railroad" with the animation.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am a bit surprised Girlish Number is not getting a dub. And this SNAFU rerelease ends any speculation for Sentai to go back and dub it.
Publishers do not seem keen on dubbing work place Anime. I know Sakura Quest and Amagi Brilliant Park both got dubbed, but those titles fell more on the comedic side, with little emphasis on actual work. It is more easy to have JP VAs play the role of JP VAs than American VAs. Which could be why Funiamtion hasn't dubbed Seiyu's Life!.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Publishers do not seem keen on dubbing work place Anime. I know Sakura Quest and Amagi Brilliant Park both got dubbed, but those titles fell more on the comedic side, with little emphasis on actual work. It is more easy to have JP VAs play the role of JP VAs than American VAs. Which could be why Funiamtion hasn't dubbed Seiyu's Life!.

Sakura Quest is not really a comedic show. The reason why Funimation dubbed it is most likely because of their partnership with Crunchyroll; Funimation is frankly dubbing too many risky titles. If Seiyu's Life had been licensed under the Funi-CR partnership, it might have been dubbed.

Publishers don't dub this kind of shows because they are not that popular among the more casuals fans, who tend to prefer English dubs. This is why SHIROBAKO was not dubbed either. I thought Girlish Number had a shot at a dub mostly because it is a short show that is entertaining.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1