• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime's Promo Video Reveals Quinx's Cast, April Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:30 am Reply with quote
>Pierrot+ is credited for animation production assistance

Enjoy your next DYNAMIC CHORD with almost every episode outsourced to different animation companies.
JustMadeThisAccount

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:39 am Reply with quote
Just made this account to comment - isn't there a spoiler with the voice actors? spoiler[ Natsuki Hanae returns to star in the series as Ken Kaneki/Haise Sasaki ]
Hazelll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 am Reply with quote
JustMadeThisAccount wrote:
Just made this account to comment - isn't there a spoiler with the voice actors? spoiler[ Natsuki Hanae returns to star in the series as Ken Kaneki/Haise Sasaki ]
how is that a spoiler?
JustMadeThisAccount

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
how is that a spoiler?

spoiler[Keeping in mind that Natsuki Hanae is Ken Kaneki's voice actor. The way it is laid out having "Ken Kaneki/Haise Sasaki" above one character picture of Haise Sasaki implies that they are the same person. This fact should not be revealed till later on in the series.]
Hazelll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:01 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
how is that a spoiler?

spoiler[Keeping in mind that Natsuki Hanae is Ken Kaneki's voice actor. The way it is laid out having "Ken Kaneki/Haise Sasaki" above one character picture of Haise Sasaki implies that they are the same person. This fact should not be revealed till later on in the series.]
spoiler[ did people actually not figure out Haise was Kaneki from the start? I never thought Ishida meant for it to be a secret at all lol it was so obvious...]
JustMadeThisAccount

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
Hazelll wrote:
how is that a spoiler?

spoiler[ did people actually not figure out Haise was Kaneki from the start? I never thought Ishida meant for it to be a secret at all lol it was so obvious...]

spoiler[Not sure when you started reading the manga, but I was pretty much reading it weekly prior to the release of ":re", and after the first chapter of :re was released there were a lot of discussions, speculations, and theories as to who Haise really is. Sure there were many people who held the belief that he is Kaneki, but others were more skeptical. After all, you get given a character who has a different name, looks different, and has a different personality. It was only in the later chapters that they start dropping foreshadows and evidence. To answer your question - everyone or at least most people were not a 100% certain that Haise was Kaneki in the beginning.]
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
Now the question is will this be connected to Root A?
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
Well, I don't read the manga so all of this make will sense when I watch it. lol
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
those are the exact voices i expected for Urie and Mutsuki. i was kind of expecting Aoi Yuuki for Saiko but then i realized she already voices Kuro and Shiro

anyone know if they've announced how many episodes this is going to be? 1 cour would be pretty damn depressing
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Natsuki Hanae returns to star in the series as Ken Kaneki/Haise Sasaki.
They're not even bothering to hide it now, huh.
Joa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
Hazelll wrote:
how is that a spoiler?

spoiler[It's revealed that Haise is Kaneki in chapter 6. With the anime's pacing that will probably be episode 2 or 3. There's really no point in hiding it.]
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
>Pierrot+ is credited for animation production assistance

Enjoy your next DYNAMIC CHORD with almost every episode outsourced to different animation companies.

Underrated post.

But seriously, I doubt the outsourcing quality will be as bad with Dynamic Chord. Remember that it had the excuse of being a male idol show.
0Ninjaz0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
There's a typo in the post btw. It says "Toru Mitsuki", her name is Mutsuki.

And, it's not a spoiler that Kaneki is Haise. People were speculating when the manga started because people over-speculate everything. The manga didn't outright scream HAISE SASAKI IS KANEKI on the first page obviously, but that much was clear regardless. Never meant to be a secret. But as long something isn't outright stated as fact there will be people speculating otherwise.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I feel really conflicted about the change in character designers. I absolutely adore Nakajima's artwork, but she does tend to make everything very fujoshi-oriented. Not that I'm complaining about drool-worthy pretty boys, but I don't know if that's really what's needed for this series. I've met Miwa in person and he's talented as well, so I really hope he's moving on to bigger and brighter projects.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
0Ninjaz0 wrote:
There's a typo in the post btw. It says "Toru Mitsuki", her name is Mutsuki.

Thanks for pointing that out, we corrected the spelling in the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2