• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Reveals Gundam Build Divers TV Anime for Spring Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 am Reply with quote
We don't Build Fight no mo, we Build Dive that....you know.

Ren is the MC, huh? Momo reminds me of the chick from OG Beyblade. Just the color. Sho in his greatest role yet. Who is the Meijin going to be in this? Kyoya? Disappointed that Hayashi is not doing to music. That was one of the best things about BF.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:53 am Reply with quote
Well,this is a little unexpected. I was hoping for something a little more traditionally Gundam for 2018, but what the heck, I'm up for another round of Gundam Jr. (Gundam Babies?).

Still hoping Gundam Origin gets a full TV series next year, tho.
JohnHawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 am Reply with quote
I... really thought the next build fighters season would be the world tournament featuring both season 1/2s casts that they were building to near the end of Try. It made so much sense story progression wise, and would've brought us back to the much much better format of 1v1 fights that season 1 had.

This thing coming out of nowhere instead... I'm really disappointed and sad right now. Not what I expected or wanted really guess we can still hope its good but if they couldn't manage to do good 3v3 fights how are they gonna do 10v10? This preview isnt promising on that front either aside from 1 minute of it, feels like its missing the point of good mecha to try to advertise as many new gunpla figs as possible at the cost of show quality.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Director Shinya Watada
Good news is its already going to be trash since its the same dude as Try Fighters which means I can skip this thank god.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing based on the title and the alternate appearance of the characters that they've moved on to a full immersion environment. I expect, however, we'll still have gunpla models involved (for obvious reasons), despite that they wouldn't be necessary for such a setup.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:38 am Reply with quote
VR being the next step for gunpla battles makes sense. Glad the 00 is going to be our main unit this time.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Didn't see that many unit I was interested to get new gunplay from : (. I guess the grimoire being there is pretty cool.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I'm guessing based on the title and the alternate appearance of the characters that they've moved on to a full immersion environment. I expect, however, we'll still have gunpla models involved (for obvious reasons), despite that they wouldn't be necessary for such a setup.

And of course, there's Gunpla models involved in more ways than one: there's already kits for this series up for preorder. Bandai works fast when it comes to Gundam Laughing

I enjoy these Gunpla-focused series quite a bit, so will probably give this new one a shot. The Kapool in the promo art looks cute; glad that particular mobile suit hasn't been forgotten.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
Looks like Build Divers looks like to be a little different from Build Fighters/Try. I approve. Also with some people having animal ears and tails(or in Rommel's case being a talking animal), having VR in this show make sense. Looking forward to it. Also, Yashiro Momoka AKA Momo avatar looks like that one girl from the original Beyblade.

I just got a thought. If the Brave series were ever come back, how cool would it be if it was made by the Build Fighters/Divers crew. Probably wouldn't happen, but I thought it would be cool.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote
So this takes on Avalon (Reiji's home planet), so how did Reiji's planet learn about Gundams? I'm asking cause Reiji and Aila had a very limited amount about Gundam as a series besides the Gunpla battle circuit. And I'm surprised Baker and Mashita aren't doing any prison time for what they did during the first series.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
Honestly more of this? I mean season 2 of IBO was a disappointment but please if a new team can create another alternate universe Gundam show please and save me from this Beyblade rip-off kiddie show nonsense they keep making.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
More Game-based Gunpla Gundam series.

Video was good quality and i did enjoy all the previous (full episoded) Build Fighter franchise series. (didn't like the 10 minute video shorts except 1 or 2 of them)

I'd like more traditional Gundam Series as well, but it's what fan base like in Japan is wanting is what the West will end up watching. I'm glad they show them on youtube for everyone. I'm wondering if Bandai is getting away from drama/space soup opera type anime of Gundam given what were seeing. Anime stupidly expensive to make. They have to go what sells i guess.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Video was good quality and i did enjoy all the previous (full episoded) Build Fighter franchise series. (didn't like the 10 minute video shorts except 1 or 2 of them)

I'd like more traditional Gundam Series as well, but it's what fan base like in Japan is wanting is what the West will end up watching. I'm glad they show them on youtube for everyone. I'm wondering if Bandai is getting away from drama/space soup opera type anime of Gundam given what were seeing.
I thought Build Fighters was aimed at a younger demographic than the average Gundam fan, and titles like Thunderbolt and Origins were aimed at the more traditional fans.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Grimoire "Red Beret", "because legally we can't call it the 'Red Shoulder Custom'". Laughing
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Not disappointed, but not overly hyped.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2