• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece: World Seeker Game Reveals Behind-the-Scenes Video, More Screenshots

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
It may be an unprecedented entry in the One Piece games, but the more I see of it, the more boring it looks. Sure, it's "open world" but it looks dull, empty and the characters look so out of place with the realistic scenery..
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
I actually love the graphics. The character models are really detailed, but have just enough cel-shading to give them a shiny, cartoony look that doesn't clash with the realistic looking landscape(Which, from what I can tell, also has a little bit of cel-shading applied to it.).
Danny123100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:10 pm Reply with quote
While I am curious to see more of this game, it just looks so...off to me. I like that they took a different stylistic approach, but the character models seem too out of place with the scenery. It feels like they just took the characters, and placed them into a weird realistic setting. The characters look great, but I feel like they should have toned down the scenery a bit, because it seems way to drastic of a difference between the two. Granted while you don't want to have them be too similar, to avoid the character getting lost in the scenery and other characters, you don't want it to be so drastically different it looks like there were two different styles used. The only place where it doesn't look too weird, is in some of the images where Luffy is in town, or near Sunny, or near the Bison Restaurant.

Plus the game looks, so far, to be really empty. Not too much that seems to be in the game to do at least as of right now, so i'm hoping we're just seeing the bare minimum. This would be a really amazing and unique game if they manage to do it right, but right now there are tons of concerns, at least for me. I'm hoping we at least start to see a lot more about the game before it get's released this year.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wished you are able play as the other of Luffy's crew members in the game.

Last edited by LaytonPuzzle27 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lukenago

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it Very Happy
KAIZOKU MUGIWARA NO LUFFY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 pm Reply with quote
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT THIS WILL THE BEST ONE PIECE GAME EVER ALSO IT LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE UNLIMITED WORLD RED BUT MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1