• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. Our Future Anime Film's 2nd Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:24 am Reply with quote
Urgh. Did we really need another form for Omegamon? No, no we didn't. They'd better give an extremely good reason for it, but I'm not holding my breath. I was hoping the ending would be more along the lines of the finale for the original Adventure series where teamwork was the only important thing to saving the day. No need for anymore superfluous new powerups. Lord knows we've had enough of those throughout the entirety of the series and this would have been an excellent opportunity to showcase all of them in all their glory. I can't believe a kids series showed more restraint than this movie series made for adults.

But in all seriousness, you'd think the combination of 7 Megas would have been enough. In fact, I'd argue that they should have just left the spotlight on Holydramon as the final powerup. This should have been Kari's movie and that's it.
C-MC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Urgh. Did we really need another form for Omegamon? No, no we didn't. They'd better give an extremely good reason for it, but I'm not holding my breath. I was hoping the ending would be more along the lines of the finale for the original Adventure series where teamwork was the only important thing to saving the day. No need for anymore superfluous new powerups. Lord knows we've had enough of those throughout the entirety of the series and this would have been an excellent opportunity to showcase all of them in all their glory. I can't believe a kids series showed more restraint than this movie series made for adults.

But in all seriousness, you'd think the combination of 7 Megas would have been enough. In fact, I'd argue that they should have just left the spotlight on Holydramon as the final powerup. This should have been Kari's movie and that's it.
the trailer was super fuckin' predictable... I had the Saitama poker face the whole time.... sorry tri you could've done better but you fucked up
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
And yet, we still won't learn what happened to Davis, Yolei, Ken and Cody. Were the two original seasons written by two completely different teams that detest each other with Tri being written by the Adventure 01 team?
C-MC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:
And yet, we still won't learn what happened to Davis, Yolei, Ken and Cody. Were the two original seasons written by two completely different teams that detest each other with Tri being written by the Adventure 01 team?
nope 01 and 02 were written by the same team but tri has completely different writers
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am Reply with quote
Still no sign of the 02 crew, still no sign of they actually answering any of the questions they brought up, still no sign of anything interesting happening. Seriously, how can they screw a story so badly as they screwed .tri? They had everything going for them and just... didn't do anything interesting with it.
After this and the fiasco that was Xros Wars Hunter who leap through time I just lost my faith in Digimon. Unless they bring someone on Konaka's level to write the next series I will just cling to the games. But then again... thinks about Cybersleuth yeah... maybe not.
C-MC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:51 am Reply with quote
ThatMoonGuy wrote:
Still no sign of the 02 crew, still no sign of they actually answering any of the questions they brought up, still no sign of anything interesting happening. Seriously, how can they screw a story so badly as they screwed .tri? They had everything going for them and just... didn't do anything interesting with it.
After this and the fiasco that was Xros Wars Hunter who leap through time I just lost my faith in Digimon. Unless they bring someone on Konaka's level to write the next series I will just cling to the games. But then again... thinks about Cybersleuth yeah... maybe not.
its best to move on to other animes... the only reason I temporarily came back to digimon was tri, and that let me down so much that I officially am not messing with digimon anymore...
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:52 am Reply with quote
It's funny to me how the first three movies were pretty good and the last three just crapped the bed. They stopped answering plot related questions and just did whatever they wanted to quickly finish the movies.
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Digimon Adventure Tri: End of Tri.

Seriously, I'm getting Evangelion vibes over Omegamon/Omnimon's angel form.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 am Reply with quote
GMArcturus wrote:
It's funny to me how the first three movies were pretty good and the last three just crapped the bed. They stopped answering plot related questions and just did whatever they wanted to quickly finish the movies.

That's how nostalgia bait works
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
EducatedRuffian wrote:
Digimon Adventure Tri: End of Tri.

Seriously, I'm getting Evangelion vibes over Omegamon/Omnimon's angel form.

Same is the case for the "final boss".
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1