• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Kamuy Anime Listed with 12 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bondrewd-Sama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:19 am Reply with quote
This is a little disappointing. It's such a good story that really deserves a full adaptation. While I didn't expect that right off the bat, it would have been nice to have had at least 2 cours. I hope we get a second season that is 2 cour. The manga is still great even if that doesn't happen.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:48 am Reply with quote
Artorias wrote:
This is a little disappointing. It's such a good story that really deserves a full adaptation. While I didn't expect that right off the bat, it would have been nice to have had at least 2 cours. I hope we get a second season that is 2 cour. The manga is still great even if that doesn't happen.

I feel the same when it comes to really wanting this series to receive a 24 episode first season. Although it might be a good thing that it's only getting 12 at first, hopefully the first season will have nice animation throughout, and be able to maintain a good budget for the entire season. Additionally maybe the first season is testing the waters, so they can see if the anime will become popular enough to warrant making another season, maybe a season with two cours. Ah if anything I can dream, hopefully this first season is great at least!
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
As long as the 12 episodes aren't rushed in any way or "too short", I'll be okay with this. I haven't read the manga but I'm looking forward to what I've seen so far.
TrailOfDead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
gonna be pretty disappointed if I don't get to see spoiler[Ushiyama throwing a hooker like a frisbee] animated
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1