• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magi Creator Shinobu Ohtaka to Launch Orient Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like it could be quite interesting. Magi was fascinating from start to finish - although the end was really different than what one would expect - and so I'm eager to see what happens here!
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Neat. I've just gotten into Magi, and I'm enjoying it. Since it's a Kodansha title, I wonder if it has any chances of being simulpubbed.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Ohtaka is a very competent Mangaka. Magi was an immensely satisfying series that was unfortunately infected by the “Shōnen curse” towards the end. And if you can’t surmise what that means, it simply implies that Shōnen series usually flub the ending arcs and lose much traction before their end.

But she’s a very good worldbuilder and always brings socially conscious material in her manga so I look forward to this.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I loved Magi, so this should be a fun read
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I watched season 1 of Magi and part of season 2; I definitely enjoyed it enough to come back to it and I've heard multiple times that the manga goes more in-depth with things so I'll check that out as well ASAP.

From the sounds of this, Orient will absolutely be my cup of tea so I cannot wait to give it a read!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1