• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is it real and whats it worth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razaiakou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
HI i recently won a DVD Bleach Original and Uncut #06 The Entry that is supposedly Autographed by Ichigo's voice actor was wandering whats a good way to see if it is real and whats it worth. not sure is this is were i am supposed to post this would appreciate any help given.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
As for determining if it's real:
*Check the package to locate the manufacturer to see if it lines up with some official release by Japan, the US, the UK, Australia, etc.
*Check to see if that company is an official legal distributor or an illegal bootlegging company.
*See this topic for other methods to spot fakes/scams

Once you have done this:
*Make sure the cover art matches the official release
*Make sure the UPC code matches the official release
*If the product is already open check to see if it has the right amount of discs inside, but do not break the seal if it is unopened.

As for what it's worth:
It's worth whatever you paid for it plus whatever you can bleed out of the potential buyers on Ebay in an auction which depends entirely on how obsessed they are and how much money they're willing to put down for it. In short nobody knows, you'll find out when you try to sell it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1