• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon to Host Macross Creator Shoji Kawamori

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:11 am Reply with quote
Uh, Macross Delta finished airing two years ago.
hikura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:

True but he has done a show since then and it has come out.Just because something came out two years ago doesn't make it invalid.
To bad i am not going to otakon.I would have liked to seen him.Maybe even lucky enough to get an autograph.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
I really wish Otakon would announce this kind of guest earlier. I had no desire to go and got a beach house during that time. Now I’m considering going one day just to get his signature.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 am Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

True but he has done a show since then and it has come out.Just because something came out two years ago doesn't make it invalid.
To bad i am not going to otakon.I would have liked to seen him.Maybe even lucky enough to get an autograph.

I think that you might be misunderstanding what my statement pertains to. The article mentions, "He designed most of the franchise's iconic transforming "variable fighter" mecha, and oversaw most of the main installments in the franchise, including the latest, the currently airing Macross Delta". That is factually incorrect as Macross Delta is not currently airing. The Kawamori show currently airing is Jūshinki Pandora, which is not part of the Macross franchise.
hikura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
hikura wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

I think that you might be misunderstanding what my statement pertains to. The article mentions, "He designed most of the franchise's iconic transforming "variable fighter" mecha, and oversaw most of the main installments in the franchise, including the latest, the currently airing Macross Delta". That is factually incorrect as Macross Delta is not currently airing. The Kawamori show currently airing is Jūshinki Pandora, which is not part of the Macross franchise.

While the article intially pointed out that delta was currently airing.My point was that he has helped create new material since then.Which is still valid.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
... I still have no interest in going to DC for Otakon. The move from Baltimore Killed it for me personally. Not that Baltimore was a great location either.. but it's not DC.

I got Kawamori's autograph @ AX 2 years ago.. and having just come back from AX just recently.. I can say that I am good till next year.

Good luck to those trying to get this though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1