• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release the Spyce Anime Unveils New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:34 am Reply with quote
Collaboration of Takahiro and Namori? Man, I'm will be ncredibly surprised if this show is not a full yuri. It will be interesting to see the final result, I like that this show is give me YuruYuri and PriPri vibes.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Collaboration of Takahiro and Namori? Man, I'm will be ncredibly surprised if this show is not a full yuri. It will be interesting to see the final result, I like that this show is give me YuruYuri and PriPri vibes.

Im not sure why they keep selling it as PriPri. They showed the first two episodes and its much more of just a comedy. (Not that theres anything wrong with that but people seem to be going in with the wrong expectations)

Im just praying that Takahiro doesnt pull a Takahiro is all. He loves stupid edgy deaths. I hope this being a multimedia franchise will stop him but the manga got put on indefinite haitus like a month ago so it may not matter anymore.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
Samiamiam wrote:
Im not sure why they keep selling it as PriPri. They showed the first two episodes and its much more of just a comedy. (Not that theres anything wrong with that but people seem to be going in with the wrong expectations)

Im just praying that Takahiro doesnt pull a Takahiro is all. He loves stupid edgy deaths. I hope this being a multimedia franchise will stop him but the manga got put on indefinite haitus like a month ago so it may not matter anymore.

Because this show is another "CGDCT" anime about spies with good action and notable yuri vibes, so many people, at least in my country, took it as an attempt to catch the trend and the attempt to "create their own PriPri". Personally, I see this as a mix Yuru Yuri with PriPri, but this is only the first impression.

Edgy deaths? You mean his works like Akame ga Kill? Well, I doubt that this show will contain something like that. Rather, its maximum will be some serious injury or a dramatic battle.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I prefer the Yuru Yuri x Tokyo Tribe x Ikki Tousen x Black Lagoon x Higurashi hybrid.
Not just edgy deaths, but edgy stories and of course, really edgy yuri.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Meh, I prefer the Yuru Yuri x Tokyo Tribe x Ikki Tousen x Black Lagoon x Higurashi hybrid.

Yuri in the Black Lagoon? I heard about some yuri in the new DLC to Higurashi, but I did not hear about yuri in the Lagoon. Or did you just mentioned it as an example of edgy?
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Heishi wrote:

Yuri in the Black Lagoon? I heard about some yuri in the new DLC to Higurashi, but I did not hear about yuri in the Lagoon. Or did you just mentioned it as an example of edgy?

An example of edgy.
You know, a much darker take on the CGDCT genre.
The tagline would read: "Cute girls doing...not so cute things."
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
An example of edgy.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Yeah, your idea sounds good, especially if author will mix this with the deconstruction of some genre tropes.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Heishi wrote:
An example of edgy.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Yeah, your idea sounds good, especially if author will mix this with the deconstruction of some genre tropes.

Please keep in mind when I say "edgy yuri". What I mean is the sexual content regarding the yuri element is considerably higher and if you take ANN's objectionable content rating into consideration, it would make it under the "intense" rating.

So not only is my idea for a CGDCT series very violent, but quite explicit in the sex department, both in the romantic and non-romantic sense.

But I think the biggest controversy is the age of the characters. I've seen Kodomo no Jikan as a source of inspiration for this kind of thing as I wanted to make the characters elementary school aged.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
With this being from the creators of Yuru Yuri and Yuuki Yuuna, I expect the yuri and edgy to be around the same area as those series respectively. I have very high hopes for this anime and I certainly hope the creators do not give yuri fans the middle finger like in Little Witch Academia. By the way, lovely yuri visual.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1