• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Frankenstein Family Anime to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:31 am Reply with quote
Surprised to see they got it this late but happy they did finnaly, because the fansubs stopped and rly wanted to finish the show and now ill be able to \o/ Anime catgrin
chinpokomon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
I get that the original material is a manga but it seems the whole production is Taiwanese and if that so that makes this show not anime unless the studio is beeing an outsource from someone at japan
milkyy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
That dog... Nina, is that you? Laughing
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
The direction is pretty bad, the animation ranges from impressive to laughable, and it spends 1/3rd of the time on live-action bits, but man if this show doesn't have a hilarious and surprisingly touching premise. Going to enjoy these next few weeks.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
^I guess our parents are in jail because they were mad scientists who used their kids as guinea pigs makes a nice change from the usual parents are dead/on a never-ending business trip trope...i'm enjoying this so far, even the seiyuu talk is silly fun.
nDroae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 pm Reply with quote
If I'd known this would get a delayed license, I wouldn't have given up waiting and finished the Japanese dub by playing the Chinese engsub in a different window underneath it. (Some shots are different lengths or missing in one version versus the other, making that kind of challenging.) Initially I wanted to start watching in Mandarin, but I need to build up a tolerance for the sound of the language, because I don't have that yet. (Ironic since I'm 1/4 Han Chinese.) It's not really a weeaboo thing since I love watching anime in Russian (of which I understand less than Japanese), it's just aural aesthetics.

I love spiders and spider girls, but I wrote this after finishing the show and rating it overall average, 5/10:
Quote:
Just too much aimless and repetitive drama over the idea of being accepted by humans. Annoying human boy MC keeps arguing with his siblings and saying he wants to permanently cure them, despite the fact that the spider girl and plant girl very clearly enjoy being what they are and the accompanying abilities. Giant Spider & Me >>> this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1