• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch the Ultimate UFO Catcher Prize Haul

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
There's a Sega UFO crane in New York in a Dave and buster type of place call Round1. Really awesome, I highly suggest going. Decent amount of anime and Japan related stuff which is surprising, let alone see like a whole row of UFO cranes.

The prizes are surprisingly not too hard to get too. I got a limited edition UI Goku and 2 plushies all for under $40. I had to use my credit for something since we were celebrating a friend's event so I figure I might as well get a prize at least
omegafinal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Round 1 is actually a chain, so you can find a number of them all over the country. They also got a number of Japanese arcade games to boot, you can get a NESICA card and a couple other arcade cards as well.

I also remember this kind of accident happening to me as well playing one of their crane games. I was on the right hand side of the machine trying to get this Sanrio plush. Was aiming towards the back on the left side of the plush in hopes that it would pull it up from its "tripod" enough that it would nudge over and down the hole. I failed, but then, maybe because of when it tried to lift it, the crane part I guess was "pushed" back a bit beyond its boundary ever so slightly and knocked the one of the row's support rod (which may also have been placed just a tad too forward, and it was a tension-based one, so it wasn't screwed in or anything.) holding a number of plushes, came crashing down, knocking both the left and right's plushies down their respective holes, scored two different plushies. It was astonishing and frightening, and one I don't think I want to experience again.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
Something similar happened at Otakon in the game room a few years ago. While not exactly the same thing, one of the vendors had several of these in a row and someone ended up doing the same thing and brought down multiple prizes along with a shelf. I guess you could call it a viable gaming strategy.. lol
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:27 am Reply with quote
We even have a Round One here in Maine. If you're a fan of Japanese stuff (and who here isn't?) the place is amazing. Even a lot of the ticket prizes are Japanese and they have karaoke rooms like Japan. Last time I was there there was a person playing the crane games with three large bags full of their prize winnings at their feet. That's either a lot of talent or a lot of spending money.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
Wow, that’s some skill right there.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:19 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Wow, that’s some skill right there.

You can search up HirokunTV he uploads shit tons of videos on youtube, He really likes to find exploits in crane games like trying to take figures that are displayed. I'm not surprised at all this happened lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1