• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Goblin Slayer Anime Listed With 12 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
No surprises here. Question is until what point will they adapt into the anime. If they adapt until vol 3 of the LN then I can expect some rushed episodes.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
No surprises here. Question is until what point will they adapt into the anime. If they adapt until vol 3 of the LN then I can expect some rushed episodes.

As a manga only reader I don't know what 3 LN would translate into to manga material, but no spoilers please. I think they might clear around the current area the manga is at. So far the anime has good pacing imo and the first episode ended at the exact point of the manga I thought it would.

Maybe they'll trim down the manga material a little but I think we should be fine, the studio and staff on the anime are people that I'm willing to trust, they've been involved with several anime I really love. Also I think the series is doing pretty well in Japan? Based on manga sales I saw recently for the main series and the spin-offs, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're expecting to get another season after this.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:55 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
GhostD wrote:

As a manga only reader I don't know what 3 LN would translate into to manga material, but no spoilers please. I think they might clear around the current area the manga is at. So far the anime has good pacing imo and the first episode ended at the exact point of the manga I thought it would.

Maybe they'll trim down the manga material a little but I think we should be fine, the studio and staff on the anime are people that I'm willing to trust, they've been involved with several anime I really love. Also I think the series is doing pretty well in Japan? Based on manga sales I saw recently for the main series and the spin-offs, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're expecting to get another season after this.

Well i won't spoil you but the manga chapters are long at around 30 chapters on average with some up to 50. If it is one cour it will only adapt up to vol 2 , if they do vol 3 it will be really rushed.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:00 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
GhostD wrote:

I also read the manga so let me put it this way without spoiling anything that comes after whats currently out. The manga currently covers until spoiler[vol 2 of the LN].
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:10 am Reply with quote
I would actually be surprised if it wasn't 12 episodes.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:17 am Reply with quote
At least it will be over soon
forexjammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Most probably until the "defend the cowgirl farm quest" so 1 volume? Heavy Object adapted 3 volume in 24 episodes so it's all good.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Shame that. I wanted it to be at least two cour
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 am Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Most probably until the "defend the cowgirl farm quest" so 1 volume? Heavy Object adapted 3 volume in 24 episodes so it's all good.

LOL thats impossible unless they move that to the very last episode.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Wow! I mean I only speak for myself and a few others I know in real life who have seen it so far but alot of us were really hoping for a 2 course series
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
forexjammer wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Nah that would be the halfway point. The ending would probably be where the manga is now at the end of them exploring the underground city.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Wow! I mean I only speak for myself and a few others I know in real life who have seen it so far but alot of us were really hoping for a 2 course series

I don't mind if other people dislike the show, but I really liked the first episode and would have liked 2 cours. But perhaps it will be successful and get a second season.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
Reader of both the LN and manga here and really hope for a second season after this one ( as long as it is well adapted of course, at least the first ep was promising and faithful ) , it really deserved at least 2 cour .
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Either vol 2 or vol 3 will be okay for the ending. Vol 2 would be a more climactic ending, but while Vol 3 is more slice of life, it isn't devoid of goblin slaying. 3 volumes tends to rush a season a bit, but it's not too bad generally speaking. The anime might even focus mostly on volume 1 and 2, but incorporate one of the short stories of vol 4. I think one of them focuses on how three important characters first met.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Either vol 2 or vol 3 will be okay for the ending. Vol 2 would be a more climactic ending, but while Vol 3 is more slice of life, it isn't devoid of goblin slaying. 3 volumes tends to rush a season a bit, but it's not too bad generally speaking. The anime might even focus mostly on volume 1 and 2, but incorporate one of the short stories of vol 4. I think one of them focuses on how three important characters first met.

I believe its possible to adapt 3 vols into the anime. First vol can take up to 5 eps as its divided into spoiler[3 mini arcs (the intro, the party's first adventure together and the farm defense),] 2nd vol is basically 1 long arc that can be covered in 3-4 eps and vol 3 can be covered in the last eps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2