• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 7SEEDS Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, April 2019 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Man Netflix is everywhere today. Just licensed Neon Genesis Evangelion too.
Calico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how many episodes it'll be. It's 35 volumes, so they can't really fit all of it into a 12 - episode series unless they release multiple seasons over time or something.

Also, "from the director of Dog & Scissors" doesn't make me feel very confident in the show, but I'll watch it anyway. Right now I just want to see more of the character designs. They look pretty different from Yumi Tamura's style.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
I wonder how many episodes it'll be. It's 35 volumes, so they can't really fit all of it into a 12 - episode series unless they release multiple seasons over time or something.
Totally not 12 episodes if they gonna adapt it as a whole (as manga already ended) without cutting a LOT of content. For me, the good number without butchering story will be 36-39, but most likely they can go with 24-26. And well, they dropped spoiler[Mozu] name so casually, so that's a bit strange.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:21 am Reply with quote
Dog & Scissors isn't offensively terrible but it isn't good either, I really enjoyed back then. Hope it's different this time.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
Cool to have already an airing date. That was sooner than expected. I'm also glad to see Gonzo getting interesting projects (this and Cagaster look pretty dope) after a truly lackluster decade (for all the criticism it gets, I truly think Gonzo circa 2002-2007 is one of the best anime studios ever).
I really dig the visual though it does look a bit CGIsh to me... I hope I'm wrong though Confused
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:01 am Reply with quote
Okay, 2 thoughts:

1. OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I hope it's a full adaptation!

2. Oh, GONZO. A majority of their shows have weak endings, and their adaptations can be hit or miss. I enjoyed Bokurano, but I know several fans of the manga didn't like the changes. And I hated Chrono Crusade's adaptation. But since 7Seeds is complete, maybe we'll just get a straight adaptation. They have a history with dark / twisted / edgy shows, but they wouldn't have been my first choice to adapt this story.

Regardless of the quality of the anime, if this leads to an eventual license for the manga, then I consider this a win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
Jun Fukuyama and Kazuhiko Inoue! Awesome.
GONZO, huh? We shall see... so excited. And yeah, the episode count is really a question now.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
So, this seems to be the first Netflix produced anime. Inverting in quality, good!
I wonder how long S01 will be. And how long are they willing to commit to the manga, as they need about 100 eps. to properly adapt it. Which could make it the longest Josei anime ever, outside of Sazae-san. Kinda.

The staff itself is somewhat... eh, but things will work out as long as the animation budget is there. Netflix saving Gonzo, who could have guessed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
So, this seems to be the first Netflix produced anime. Inverting in quality, good!
I wonder how long S01 will be. And how long are they willing to commit to the manga, as they need about 100 eps. to properly adapt it. Which could make it the longest Josei anime ever, outside of Sazae-san. Kinda.

The staff itself is somewhat... eh, but things will work out as long as the animation budget is there. Netflix saving Gonzo, who could have guessed.

You forgot about Devilman Crybaby, B: The Beginning, etc.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
At this point in time, I seriously thought that Gonzo was history.
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to look at the studio and staff. Honestly, the promo image alone is not promising to me. It "felt" like 7Seeds, but it didn't look like it.

As long as they can manage to adapt most of the story and do it justice, I won't fret over the art style though. I am disappointed with so many shojo adaptions failing to really capture the art styles (and AoHaru spoiled me and set a standard), but I'm cool.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with this manga or this author but I"m always excited for new shoujo anime and I'm glad to see Netflix investing in more anime than just shonen and seinen stuff.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
At this point in time, I seriously thought that Gonzo was history.

Interesting thing is that Blassreiter and "Tower of Druaga (1st season) were two Gonzo titles that started the trend of simulcast streams. A lot can happen in over 10.5 years.
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:13 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
I forgot to look at the studio and staff. Honestly, the promo image alone is not promising to me. It "felt" like 7Seeds, but it didn't look like it.

The close up of the promo image on the official site literally looks like one of those inbetweens that people use for "quality" memes.

I'm definitely adjusting my expectations accordingly.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote
musouka wrote:

The close up of the promo image on the official site literally looks like one of those inbetweens that people use for "quality" memes.

I'm definitely adjusting my expectations accordingly.

Oh. Wow! Uhh. I wanna cry? Lol, they just aren't even trying, then. I honestly have no faith in this. But I guess I should watch and support it. . . and have hope. . .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2