• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected' Novel Series' 14th Volume Delayed to April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 am Reply with quote
*Insert DarthVaderNOOOOOO.jpg*

I was hoping to find out how it all ends around the end of March/start of April. Now will have to wait for spoilers until late April/early May.

Still, I'm hoping this series gets 1 more anime to adapt the ending, but it TV series/OVA/movies. Alternatively, since it slipped my mind that the manga has been licensed, I'd be happy if the manga adapting the story to the end.

If it does, I'll pick up the manga. I still like to see the characters when it comes to the conclusion of the story, when possible. And, if I can't see them in an anime, I'll do so in a manga.

That's partly why I own the Haruhi anime series & movie, along with all the novels and the manga series. Saw the anime first, read the novels (which is the stage I'm at with SNAFU), and then bought the manga.
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

I was hoping to find out how it all ends around the end of March/start of April. Now will have to wait for spoilers until late April/early May.

Still, I'm hoping this series gets 1 more anime to adapt the ending, but it TV series/OVA/movies. Alternatively, since it slipped my mind that the manga has been licensed, I'd be happy if the manga adapting the story to the end.

If it does, I'll pick up the manga. I still like to see the characters when it comes to the conclusion of the story, when possible. And, if I can't see them in an anime, I'll do so in a manga.

That's partly why I own the Haruhi anime series & movie, along with all the novels and the manga series. Saw the anime first, read the novels (which is the stage I'm at with SNAFU), and then bought the manga.

Will the novel not be completing the story? Because you say you need the manga/anime to know how it ends.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:29 am Reply with quote
Ambrose7 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Will the novel not be completing the story? Because you say you need the manga/anime to know how it ends.

There are people out there, like me, that are lazy AF, and don't really like to read a wall of text and prefer to read the manga or watch the anime instead...

Well, i too just hope that the manga or anime adapt the end of the story, cause i'm dying to know who wins the MC kk'
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:28 am Reply with quote
My Youth Comedy Light Novel Release Date Is Wrong, As I Expected.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:53 am Reply with quote
For a second I thought this was the announcement for a new anime.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Ambrose7 wrote:

Haha, sorry if I confused you, but the novels will be completing the story.

What I was saying was, I also like to see the ending for some series in a visual medium, which is why I would like more anime and/or have the manga adapt the entire story from the novel.

I'm getting the LNs as they are released in English, and will still read the novels for myself. But, that'll be some time in 2020 when the final novel will (likely) be released in English. An anime being made would probably come earlier then the novel does in 2020. Laughing

The SNAFU anime is what got me hooked onto the characters. I'll just be missing something when experiencing the ending in text only.

Asaaaasd wrote:
My Youth Comedy Light Novel Release Date Is Wrong, As I Expected.

This actually made me laugh. Great joke! Laughing
ballinamon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, is a clear signal of "you can't think of a good ending for sh*t"
melmouth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:10 am Reply with quote
I never before saw a person like me depicted as the main character in a manga/anime etc. The MC's combination of intelligence and deep pessimism about people and how they'll behave is something that's normally verboten in Japanese light media. (not in Japanese literature. See, e.g., Osamu Dazai.) It's hard to imagine that this story will end well.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Keep delaying, more time for them to decide on a anime sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1