• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motaku96

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I thought 199 was pretty good. spoiler[There wasn't much fighting but I liked the way Mayuri beat Szayel Aporro Granz(why do they have such difficult names to spell). I liked Mayuri's crazed expression and the fact that you can't tell what he's thinking. I never liked Mayuri as a character before, but I'm starting to think he's pretty cool. It was pretty slow paced overall but it was still fun to see. Byakuya still looks cool just standing there with blood dripping down his arm. The Zaraki fight got a little better. And Orihime finally started getting around to healing Nel and Ichigo(really shouldn't she have done that the second she had a chance?). I didn't see Yachiru so I wonder if the animators forgot she's supposed to be there.]

Since they had the subtitled trailer for the new movie, I wanna talk about that a little. spoiler[They made mention of memories but it looks more like the past was altered. Urahara is still the captain of 12th company(which is awesome, I wanna see him fight) and Renji doesn't know Bankai(but it looks like he'll use it in the movie). From what I'm guessing, Rukia never joined the 13 companies and is living in Rukongai taking care of two kids. I wonder if there'll be more things about Hisana(Byakuya's wife). I'm looking forward to it(at least for the fights) but it'll be whole year before it's subbed.]
smokarz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
guys, is bleach done for the year? i haven't seen a new episode for weeks.
furizaa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
They only took last week off, lol. Episode 201 aired yesterday. Not bad of an episode either, although I found some parts kinda predictable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
smokarz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
darn, it seems like forever waiting for the next episode.

anyway, are they still having the 10+ min of flashbacks in these episodes?
furizaa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, they are. However, it felt a lot shorter this week in episode 201.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully I'm not too late in saying this, but if you haven't read the manga yet then you're going to want to skip the new ending for episode 202. It contains some major spoilers for the next story arc.

And hopefully that next arc contains some filler because there's plenty of room for it in there without being completely detached from the manga like the last filler arc. Not to mention they're only an arc and a half from catching up with the manga. Shocked

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
foxnewsnetwork

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

And hopefully that next arc contains some filler because there's plenty of room for it in there without being completely detached from the manga like the last filler arc. Not to mention they're only an arc and a half from catching up with the manga. Shocked

Emerje

Yeah, maybe they are going to bake a cake for Grimmjaw(sp?)
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, we're almost up to a part of the story with actual plot!

It does seem a little odd that they couldn't hold off on switching the ending for another 2 episodes, when it wouldn't be a spoiler anymore.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Back to filler next week, and not just any filler, but another "out of place" featuring Rurichiyo Kasumiōji. I swear they aren't even trying anymore... Anime cry

And why use such a spoiler laden ED if they aren't even going to make use of that story for another month or two? Rolling Eyes

Hopefully it's a one-shot and not a full arc, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Anime smallmouth

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wedgeofpie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the upcoming episode titles, it's a one-off with another the week after that. Then it's straight on to the pendulum arc.

Honestly though, another Kasumoji episode right in the middle of the main plot? They might as well just treat as an AU or something as it makes not a lick of sense otherwise.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
We're finally about to get to the good stuff and they stick us with more filler! Well, I suppose it's better than sticking it after the pendulum arc, as then there wouldn't be anything to look forward to afterward.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
They should have put it IN the pendulum arc. spoiler[There's ample room for side stories in there that we'll never get in the manga. It would actually be welcome to see certain characters engaged in their previous roles since they don't spend much time on that in the manga. I guess they still could.]

Emerje
Ta-kun The Black Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I do have the feeling the Pendulum arc will be in it, after a couple of filler episodes.

The one I admit I'm slightly curious about is episode 205. Hollows... Playing Kemari? It's either a followup of the Rurichiyo episode or a really odd thing... Can't imagine it.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Bleach is fun again! The Lurichiyo episodes were fine, and the Pendulum arc was as expected (Hurray for actual plot), but episode 213 is starting a filler arc about several of the minor characters left in Karakura town while everyone else went to Hueco Mundo.

This is why I enjoyed the series at the start, the minor characters with their entertaining personality quirks. Kon, the show's mascot, who has spent very little time in his original role, doing what he was originally intended to do: use Ichigo's body while Ichigo is often in spirit-land. His interaction with Urahara, who is back to his silly shenanigans, is refreshing. Even better, we get the return of characters who haven't been relevant since before Soul Society: spoiler[Keigo, Chizuru, Tatsuki, and DON KANONJI]

Also, spoiler[Tatsuki is now quite capable of handling normal hollows.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
Meh, I wish that they'd had more filler within the pendulum arc, rather than goofball afterwards stuff. There are so many potential stories to tell with the youn Shinigami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 39 of 42