• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konosuba Dungeon RPG's Gameplay Video, TV Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:24 am Reply with quote
If they stick with the characters in the anime it would be a hard game. The MU can only cast one spell a day and the fighter can't hit anything.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:10 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
If they stick with the characters in the anime it would be a hard game. The MU can only cast one spell a day and the fighter can't hit anything.

It appeared that they did indeed capture the spirit of Megumin's Explosion; if you look at the example near the end of the demo video it deals many times more damage than anything else shown, and after using it Megumin's MP drops to zero. I'm actually curious how the skill works: does it have a fixed (high) MP cost? Or does it use all her MP no matter what? If the latter, does the power scale with how much MP she has left?

But it also shows how characters can learn/purchase skills, so perhaps the player could choose to give Megumin other spells/skills beyond Explosion? That's consistent with the anime too; they do explain that Megumin *could* learn other skills but she simply chooses not to, and if I recall correctly she mentions that she's saving up to buy some other skill that will increase her magic power.

I suppose in the end it all comes down to how difficult the designers chose to make it. If the monsters are sufficiently weak that you don't need maximum effort from every character it doesn't matter if their skills are limited. I'm really curious to see how difficult the game turns out to be (I love technically hard RPGs in this style), and if there will be an English release or not. Though it doesn't look too hard to figure out without it though and I could use the kanji practice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1