• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!!!! Anime Film Reveals New Valkyrie Variable Fighter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:02 pm Reply with quote
The new plane, looks very similar to the VF-14 Vampire.. just sayin.

Quote:
Walküre and Delta Flight used music to save people from the Vár Syndrome, a previously unknown disease that made humans and others go berserk. However, they find themselves facing a new threat…

A fansbase wanting a decent plot!!!
JustinTaco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Walküre members noted that there are six exclamation points in the title when there are only five members, and they half-jokingly asked Kawamori for the reason. Kawamori teased that there will be a sixth performer.

Mirage???
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
The new plane, looks very similar to the VF-14 Vampire.. just sayin.

Quote:
Walküre and Delta Flight used music to save people from the Vár Syndrome, a previously unknown disease that made humans and others go berserk. However, they find themselves facing a new threat…

A fansbase wanting a decent plot!!!

Finally, another realist who's seeing what's killing the Macross franchise more than any licensing disagreements...
Yeah, the whole idol thing just doesn't do it. As wonderful as Minmay was in the original series (debatable; I think the Japanese fans liked her better than we ever did in the West!), she wasn't the whole point of the series even if she was the most popular character.
It's like saying Mobile Suit Gundam was successful solely because of Char and a lot of the younger Gundam fans have never watched the original Gundam, either.
There's a reason Gundam is doing better now.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:47 am Reply with quote
Walküre was the least of Delta's issues, so I find it hard to blame the idol angle of the franchise. Heck, the series itself didn't care about them anymore in the 2nd half, just specific members and even their plot was phoned in at the last minute.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1